Hello!
Thank you for you kind reply, Shammon.

I would surely like to have the opportunity to see your exhibition! Hope you'll post pictures of your exhibition, so I at least can experience it digitally. Als the "art" of escaping - interesting for me! Going through history and prison records for 250 years, I have seen some variants of those in the prisons I know - sawing ironbars with soap to reduce noise, digging through brick walls etc.

Also thank you for your interest in my books. They each describe one of three (in my district) out of 56 local cell prisons all over this country (800 cells in all - mostly small prisons) - built in a reform in the 1860's. Norway is a relatively large country with a small population - even more so in the 1860's. In my books I try to describe this reform. One of our local 1860-prisons is still in use, one was destroyed by German bombing during the invation in april 1940 and the smallest one was terminated as a prison in the autumn of 2005. The latter is now renovated, and an integrated part of the the newly built cultural school i Molde opened in the autumn 2016. The earlier cells are meetings rooms and offices for the school master and teachers. This is a success - the staff, children and youth thrive!

The books contain a lot of pictures - but the text is of course Norwegian. Text scanning and Google Translate should make it possible to understand.

If you want the books, I will be happy to send them to you. Just send your postal adress to my e-mail:

kisakse@online.no

Best regards

Knut Even

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7349-3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	17308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fængsel og Fortvilelse - plakat2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	726.4 KB 
ID:	17309