Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Dan Durga Collection

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew Thick, and I am Dan Durga's son-in-law. Dan passed away last December, and I am sure many of you may have heard of him or met him. He was an avid collector of Yale locks, and he certainly enjoyed showing off his collection at lock shows. I should add he enjoyed showing off his locks to anyone who showed a shred of interest.

Last summer, Dan was diagnosed with cancer, and his chances of making through the disease were slim. Knowing this, Dan made it clear that he wanted me to sell off his collection to his fellow lock collectors, his friends and colleagues, after he was gone.

I will be attending the Lancaster Lock Show this coming July, and I will be bringing a large portion of Dan's collection, all of which is for sale. I hope I can meet you all in person as many of you have been a wonderful help to me as I sort through Dan's extensive collection. I am not a collector, and I am a novice when it comes to identifying and evaluating these locks, so to those who have helped me thus far, I cannot thank you enough. Plus, I am certain I will have many more questions in the near future.

Again, thank you all, and I will most likely be in touch.

Sincerely,

Matthew
    mthick@umflint.edu

Very sorry to hear of his passing, Matthew. The Lancaster show is a great one with a wonderful community. I'm sure your presence will be very well appreciated there. I'm hoping to make it out myself, so hopefully I'll see you there.

Best wishes.

Thread Information