Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default locks need new home

I have some old locks that I need to sell. They are either brass/bronze or steel deadbolts and steel spring latches. no keys.
    They are very interesting but I think they need to go to someone that can preserve them. Have several of each kind. My understanding is they were installed in 1936 into a federal detention facility.

clear

Sounds interesting, but you are likely to draw more attention if you can provide more information, especially pictures.

...Mark

He is having trouble uploading them so I told him to send them to me and I can do it for him.

Here are the pictures and desctriptions given to me. I have asked for possibly bigger pictures.

First picture:
    Jail Steel Locks (4 large steel deadbolts, 1 medium steel deadbolt, 6 small spring latch) locks only, sorry no keys

2nd:
    Jail Brass Locks (8-10 each) locks only, sorry no keys

3rd:
    Jail solid steel door 24" x 80" apprx size with large steel deadbolt . Have 4 of these doors. Sorry, no keys.

4th:
    Jail barred door apprx 36" x 84" with large steel deadbolt . All doors (solid and barred) available in frames. ONE barred door available.

5th:
    Apprx 20 ft x 8 ft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jail locks  steel.jpg   jail brass locks.jpg   jail  3 complete steel doors with locks 24 inches by 80 inches.jpg   jail cell bar door with lock 5 2014.jpg   jail cell bars.jpg  

Any suggestions re: the pricing of these locks that is fair for myself and the buyer? I have been looking on the internet to no avail. I received these locks in exchange for helping someone with a welding job.

Locks are pictured above. PM me if you wish additional pics.

I received these locks as payment for a welding job. I do not know their value. The steel locks are APPRX 3" x 5 1/2" 1 1/2" thick. See above pics. PM if you have additional questions or wish more pics. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pricing is hard. Ebay can be a fickle mistress and I have seen prison locks sell for as little as $20 with no key, all the way up to $100 if people were in a bidding war. Keys make them much more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyame View Post
    Pricing is hard. Ebay can be a fickle mistress and I have seen prison locks sell for as little as $20 with no key, all the way up to $100 if people were in a bidding war. Keys make them much more valuable.
    I've had similar locks in my collection that I sold for $150.00 on my web site.
    http://www.1st-net-lock-museum.com/jl1.htm
    BBE.

Thread Information