Hello all and thank you for the generous welcome to your forum. While I am not a lock collector per se I do collect vintage items that I find with my metal detector. I enjoy the research on each item. I found a lock that I have researched and have yet to come up with any meaningful information and was hoping to tap the knowledge base on your forum. I found a picture of one that sold on ebay back in 2009 but has no information with it. The lock is about 4cm wide and 5.5cm tall counting shackle and is green. The shackle swivels out like the old style locks and is flat with the keyhole in the bottom. On one side in relief is a ornate "PEARL" and on the other also in relief is ornate scrolling. There is a "1" stamped on the shackle which I assume denotes which key goes with the lock. It is a olive green color not like a brass patina but more like a finish of some type. I found the lock about 10 inches deep which is also about the depth that I have found some turn of the century coins so am thinking it may be about the same time period. Sorry that there are not pictures but do not have a working camera right now. However here is the link for the one sold on ebay. http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/ind...&sumbit=Submit

This lock was found in SE Texas near Louisiana. I would like to thank in advance for any response.
Buddyinbeaumont