Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    with regard to the planet and europlanet safes, I have opened and worked on a load of them, and even had the privilege of opening what must have been a prototype plastic body safe with a lichfied type boltwork. I thought I had seen pictures of the injection gear at woden road, but might be mistaken at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Stephenson View Post
    also think Lips/Chubb did the Cennox vault doors from the same stuff
    Cheers Gary it sounds like you saw my share as well!!
    I’d have loved to have worked on that many but only ever saw a couple of the later europlanets.
    Also well done for starting the new thread on the planets and plastic safes -they are worthy of a dedicated thread and cheers for adding all the great info. In fact it makes sense to add a link here;

https://www.antique-locks.com/showth...lastomer-safes

Funny you mentioned the cennox- I had just dug out the last Chubb vault doors brochure I have that covered all the big 750mm treasury doors (pre Gunnebo) and there’s a section at the back on the cennox panelled stuff.

Cepasaccus,

Have you worked on/seen some of the older generation Bode Panzer safes.
    Images of them on the internet look like they are a very serious looking safe.
    Leicher safes also seem like they are very heavy duty.

I do have only experience with Bode-Panzers ATM type safes from probably the last 20 years. Bode-Panzer is one of the big, old, German safe manufacturers, just like Ostertag, Franz Leicher, Garny, Pohlschroeder and in early times Arnheim. They are all gone now. I have seen recently Russian safes sold with a Leicher sticker on them. Typical for the old, German safes are disks with a slot for the bolt work acting as active relockers.

I have worked on modern bode panzer atms and leicher modern grade 6 safes and high grade strongrooms and rate their quality and construction highly, not really seen their older stuff except for photos but think top quality gear.

I have been recently at an opening of an oversized Wertheim grade V CD safe. About 2.2m high and 1.1m wide with a weight of nearly 2.6 tonnes. It astonished me how much the safe suppressed sound transmission.

Thread Information