Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Somehow I am surprised but on the other hand not surprised again that you only mentioned British manufacturers

What about other manufacturers such as the German ones? I know that both Bode Panzer and Pohlschröder produced safes that were exciptional. I also know about free standing safes that feature a Kromer Differential Lock (Garny) or even a Bode Panze Tangential. Not even to mention the Arnheim safes with their unique locking mechanisms.

Hope you reconsider even if some of the mentioned above were mass produced.

Wow.........what's all that about Adrian..... think you may have slightly misunderstood or not thoroughly read all of this one- these are the only ones that I know of- that's why I'm asking you guys!

That's why I put "There must be many others from all those European and American manufacturers, so it'd be great to hear what you guys can add from around the world" at the end.

I'm convinced there must be some amazing examples out there from Arnheim, Garny and Wertheim, Scandinavian examples from the likes of Rosengrens and Kaso, and any of the big manufacturers in the USA- Mosler and Diebold etc. Not to mention Russian and Japanese manufacturers that we still never hear of in Europe. I'd be amazed to find that none of these hadn't come up with something that was way above their normal production safes.

That's exactly why I'm asking everyone to hopefully get some world-wide input.
    And, with your VdS knowledge and interest in Garny and S J Arnheim, I was in fact, hoping you'd come up with a few more!

BTW you'll upset our French buddies implying that Fichet are British......
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 17-04-14 at 03:11 PM.

Thread Information