Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

yep- thanks wylk that's a true one-off and got to be worthy of mention. In a similar class as the Koh-I-Noor diamond cage/safe I would say, as it's a safe/system designed to display and then lower the contents into a sort of top opening safe or chest- not a true free standing safe as such, but a one-off masterpiece that's made to protect something as priceless as the US constitution has to get a mention

I'm hoping that if it has been laid-up redundant for some time, that it's being well preserved or even better, on display somewhere in one of the big museums. Same with the Koh-I-Noor cage, I would hope they're still around as realistically they're both far more important and prestigious than the manufacturers 'ultimate' offerings I'm seeking here.

I'm still thinking that Mosler or one of the big US manufacturers must have made a no-holds barred monster at some time or other? the development of the cast cannonballs and the Corliss types led to some massive examples. Whereas Britain only saw a couple of round door safes, the US seemed to follow on the style into more recent times with the round door money chests. I'm convinced there's got be something- round or rectangular, that was made thicker and heavier than the rest

Default Ultimate Bling Rosengrens.

What would George Price have to say about this embellishment?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rosengrens..jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	11548It's certainly not a worthy candidate in the security stakes but it might help get things started.

You're right about the Tann Diamond date. I remember one having been attacked at Holborn Circus in Oct.1978.

They had problems with their oxy-acetylene and had to revert to a disc cutter but got absolutely nowhere.

You are also absolutely correct regarding the Insurance Underwriter's requirement for splitting the risk.

Pleased to hear you are enjoying the Price Catalogue.

Here is another engraving of an antique safe Arnheim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arnheim tresor 1.JPG  

Thread Information