Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Another TXTL60 and the only TRTL60X6

Quote Originally Posted by Safeone View Post
    Might save a few quid if I just bubble wrapped it !
    That would explain all the bubble wrap that's always squashed and never has any air in it!

Thought of another candidate- the Israeli ISM's from Tel Aviv. I knew they made a range of top end jewellers and bankers but only just found out about this one.

Their 'Super Diamond' was also in the TXTL60 class, but it's no longer listed as a current product. Could have been a special on a short production run but not sure. Not a make we'd ever encountered here in Britain, but I'm sure there's more than likely some of their safes dotted around the UK. Perhaps it was available made to order like the Redoubt Treasury's are, who knows, but anything on par with the SLS Gem and the Chubb Sovereign has to get a mention.

Their current top of the range model is the Super Platinum, which apparently was the only safe in the world to be awarded and certificated to TRTL60X6 back in June of last year. Ok it's a standard production model, but still a top-end monster and definitely worth a mention here.

Default Super Plat spec

Below is the 'blah blah' for the super platinum. Is it heavy enough to sit amongest the greats

Item Details

Tweet
    iconprintpng 1Print iconmailpng 1Email

Designed and built for storage of gold & silver bullion coins and bars, the ISM SUPER PLATINUM TRTL-60×6 UltraVault provides precious metals investors one of the highest levels of security in the market today.
    Most gold and silver investors do not realize their safe is not TL certified by any independent laboratory- negating most insurance coverages.
    SDBullion is Proud to offer ONLY rated and certified safes as utilized by The Doc in his own home.
    Remember, "If You Don't Hold It, You Don't Own It!!"
    SDBullion's ISM Super Vaults are the ONLY UL Approved TRTL 60x6 safes IN THE WORLD!

*Each safe is custom built to order, please allow 45-60 days for delivery
    Approved and Certified By U.L.
    The safes have a unique multi-layered structure which offers a high resistance to intrusion by tools and torch. The body and door are constructed of steel plates and are cast with Alchronite, ISM patented material and are reinforced with ISM patented special alloy grids which provide tool and torch protection. The safes have a multi-direction boltwork mechanism and a double locking system consisting of U.L. certified combination lock and a high security key lock for safes. All of the safe’s locks are protected by randomly scattered glass plate re-lockers.
    Multi Layered Structure
    The safe is constructed of several layers of different protection attributes, made of materials such as steel, reinforced steel, aluminum, copper, concrete, glass and more. Combination of materials requires a variety of hacking tools and provides longer protection time.
    Special Alloy Grid
    Patented ISM Magen Goldman. Bars made of special steel alloy with a unique ultra-high resistance to drilling and sawing. Provide maximum durability against concentrated attacks.
    Double Locking
    The locking mechanism consists of two locks: A mechanical or electronic combination lock and a high security key lock for safes, which provides a double layer of protection.
    Bolts Engagement
    A multi-directional boltwork locking. When the system is locking the bolts are extended from several directions. A multi-directional boltwork provides a higher level of protection against burglary attacks on the safe.
    In Wall Bolts Sockets
    The bolts are locked into cylindrical chambers in the body safe. In wall bolts sockets are used for further protection of the bolts, specially during an attack on the safe.
    Glass Plate Relocking Protection
    The locking mechanism of the safe is protected by sophisticated re-lockers, constructed with glass plates and randomly scattered, which will permanently lock the boltwork mechanism when hacking is attempted.
    Specifications:
    Outside dimensions:
    79/49/39
    Inside dimensions:
    70/39/25
    Weight:
    7,084 lbs
    Shelves:
    Volume (Cu ft):
    Last edited by Safeone; 14-03-15 at 09:07 PM. Reason: bad speelling

well it's an impressive safe, but I wasn't thinking of this one being up there with the greats- it was worth mentioning since it's their current top model, but it was the TXTL60 Super Diamond which really caught my attention.

Default Yet another Best Safe in the World.

This Canadian product is a new one on me as is the Company itself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkas Monolith.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	13229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monolith.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	13230

By the way, the 2008 AiS Safe Ratings List under SLS Gem states, 'only 3 made - I for test, 1 to USA, last to Saver Centre.'
    Make of that what you will but as they classify it as Gem TRTL 30/6 they cannot be totally relied upon for accuracy.

Cheers safeone and safeman.

The ISM super diamond brochure was a good find.

The Canadian safes a new one on me as well- shows it's amazing whats out there- stuff we'd never see in our own country.

Ref the SLS gem the mystery continues. If there was 3 of them like the AiS list says then it might make sense- a mate has told me about a video on the net but haven't had chance to check it out as yet- supposedly there's 2 SLS gems in it, with RH and a LH hinged doors..

BTW is it just me or did ISM and Inkas seem to go for the 1990s Tann Bankers look for their safes..

Quote Originally Posted by safeman View Post
    This is a Ratner RQ 390 the details of which I attach.

It was listed from 1976 and apart from a few particularly Ratner features, type of detachable bit keys for instance, it is the exact equivalent of the Tann Bankers Mark 8.
    Attachment 12877

Looks like an earlier version of this.........

~http://www.empiresafe.com/uploads/0000/0106/DC_2503036.pdf

Certainly a beauty. I notice they specify that there are anchoring holes but I think those were not provided for the diamond.

Thread Information