Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    No need to pose as a serious buyer, just ask away.
    Are the pictures I posted in this thread showing a current production model ? If so could you please post the specs.

A link to view what you can offer would be interesting.

All of the safes are custom fabricated to suite requirements.
    Very little is provided in the way of specifications except between me, the customer, and the insurer if applicable.
    The foundry i use has the capability of pouring up to 2000kg of Copper, Aluminium. All AA and TDR castings are well over 100mm thick and even thicker depending on requirements.
    The safes feature randomly mounted locks, random relockers, random glass, random barriers, and lots of other bits and pieces.
    I hope that gives you a rough idea of what these safes are about.

Much of a market for safes of such quality these days Doug ?

Ah sounds like the true bespoke safe making art is still alive and well if not a 'few' miles away !

As this thread has hinted at, other security layers seemed to have helped with the ending of the true monolith safes which are a joy to behold in their own huge right.

The first signs of attack on the building containing the safe would no doubt have immediate filmed attention & response before the crims had even spotted the strongroom / safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeone View Post
    Ah sounds like the true bespoke safe making art is still alive and well if not a 'few' miles away !
    Yes have to agree with that

Redoubt-thanks for jumping in on this and welcome aboard. Apologies again for the Australian mix-up!

The safe looks extremely impressive as are the specifications. The old SLS literature immediately sprang to mind when you mentioned the aluminium/copper castings and the use of randomly positioned live and dead relockers. It's great to see that 'proper' safes are still being made to this degree of specification. Sadly like safeone says you are about as far away as is physically possible from the UK making it unlikely we'll ever get to see one, but very impressive all round and also a member of the magic 6 inch club

When I started this post i was hoping for worldwide news on any one-offs or 'ultimates' and the Redoubt sure seems to meet the mark- thanks for joining in and the info

I know its childish but I did find this funny :

a member of the magic 6 inch club

Anyway back on topic

Hi Oldlock
    As to be expected the market is very small, but the market is still there.
    Have had a lot of interest from abroad for absolute monsters that would just not be practical to move or manufacture.
    Mike

The Hobbs hart Branch bank reminded me of another possibility- the Milners Diamond. Think both of these were just standard production back in the day, but both seem extremely rare and could have been very limited numbers. the Milners diamond was above their Bankers, Grade 7 and Branch Bank and so possibly a small-run 'ultimate'..

I think I saw a Milners Diamond once, and absolute monster of a safe at a safe dealers in Leeds (Adamant safe co ??)

They were very proud of it, detachable bit keys. Very nice as I recall.

Yes I remember Adamant safe- that was good timing seeing the Milners Diamond. you've got me drooling now..

Remembered about an update on the Fichet model 242. Found an advert for it and even with my limited French able to translate part as 'at a very affordable price', still a monster safe but not quite what I thought it was. The question still lingers over Le Super Fichet, which I've heard may have been an ultimate version of the 242, but so far never found confirmation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fichet 242 ad.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	12999

Thread Information