Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Whoops- apologies all round- Redoubt is New Zealand and not Australian. Don't know what I was thinking

Found this 'ont' web

The Redoubt Safes Branch Bank Treasury is the most advanced High Security safe ever designed and built in New Zealand.

The Redoubt Safes Branch Bank Treasury is suitable for customers where extremely high risk commodities are involved (Gold Bullion Dealers, Diamond merchants, Jewellers)

Specifications are only available on request to serious buyers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	12986

...and this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	12987

Yep that's the one- a seriously chunky safe. Looks like we'll have to pose as serious buyers then..

Just browsing catalogue for the SLS Gem 6325 model. Tell you what that’s one hell of a unit that is.
    Here are a few dimensions to wrestle with.
    External
    1911mm / 75 1/4inch High
    947mm / 37 1/4 inch Wide
    914mm / 36 inch Deep
    Internal
    1600mm / 63 inch High
    635mm / 25 inch Wide
    483mm / 19 inch Deep
    Some thick walls to that beast. Catalogue claims that its minumum protective thickness is 6 1/8 inch / 156 mm.
    The figures that really get me are the weight
    6,925 Kgs / 15,260 lbs !!! Nearly 7 ton free standing safe. Beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
    On the subject of top of the line stuff, does anyone have any photo's (not catalogue images) of any Hobbs progress G stuff ? it looks impressive in the catalogues so actual pictures would probably require a health warning for those of a nervous disposition and bibs to catch the drool ........
    Unfortunately no pictures and never seen one, and not intending to worsen your condition and make you drool even more but Hobbs apparently made an anti blow-pipe copper alloyed 'Branch Bank' of even higher level than the progress G's that for some reason was never even catalogued..

Quote Originally Posted by Safeone View Post
    Just browsing catalogue for the SLS Gem 6325 model. Tell you what that’s one hell of a unit that is.
    Here are a few dimensions to wrestle with.
    External
    1911mm / 75 1/4inch High
    947mm / 37 1/4 inch Wide
    914mm / 36 inch Deep
    Internal
    1600mm / 63 inch High
    635mm / 25 inch Wide
    483mm / 19 inch Deep
    Some thick walls to that beast. Catalogue claims that its minumum protective thickness is 6 1/8 inch / 156 mm.
    The figures that really get me are the weight
    6,925 Kgs / 15,260 lbs !!! Nearly 7 ton free standing safe. Beat that.
    That's why I'm the gibbering drooling wreck that I am safeone- SLS to blame lol- first heard of it when I was a teenager and never been the same since. I knew a couple of SLS workers who remembered it at the factory and from what they said it just had to be seen and was like no other.

Like safeman said though it was never really intended to go into production but that just makes it extra special as it's one of the best examples of an 'ultimate' and what this thread is all about!

BTW I mentioned a while back it was still up for grabs in the USA from Lackasafe- last time I looked it was still listed for sale at $45k or $50k. The bit that amused me was under the rating they'd put 'everything proof'! Now there's another one for your collection- be prepared for tents in your front garden and a long line of drooling fools queuing up at your door though...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    BTW I mentioned a while back it was still up for grabs in the USA from Lackasafe- last time I looked it was still listed for sale at $45k or $50k. The bit that amused me was under the rating they'd put 'everything proof'! Now there's another one for your collection- be prepared for tents in your front garden and a long line of drooling fools queuing up at your door though...
    Ah yes I did view this SLS on the Lackasafe site, they still have it, and the dimensions identify it as a 3525 Model of Gem.

External in Inches:

47.25 H 37.25 W 36.00 D

The weight is 7,950 lbs / 3,606 kgs. ( 3.6 metric tonne )

A mere 'tiddler' compared to the 6325 model

Moving either of these must be a job in itself......that said I am still on the look out for my next 'last big safe purchase'. No wonder I have nowt to put in them !!

Default Redoubt Safes

No need to pose as a serious buyer, just ask away.

Thread Information