Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

It is often repeated that given enough time, tooling, and if noise can be ignored, anything can be compromised. When I see an attack like that one, I wonder. They hadn't used a Kango. That is a real roadbreaking pneumatic drill in the foreground!

I once read an account of a gang who had been working on a Tann strongrom door all weekend with oxygen cutting equipment. They had cut the combination spindle but hadn't got in. So Tann were called and the door opened without trouble. The bad guys didn't even get the unit hot enough to trigger the thermal relockers!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    It is often repeated that given enough time, tooling, and if noise can be ignored, anything can be compromised. When I see an attack like that one, I wonder. They hadn't used a Kango. That is a real roadbreaking pneumatic drill in the foreground!

I once read an account of a gang who had been working on a Tann strongrom door all weekend with oxygen cutting equipment. They had cut the combination spindle but hadn't got in. So Tann were called and the door opened without trouble. The bad guys didn't even get the unit hot enough to trigger the thermal relockers!
    Its the 'time' thing isnt it. As mentioned in previous posts the layers of electronic systems will be doing their job (or SHOULD be ) well before the attack tools are fired up.

Unless somebody has forgotten to arm them as in the Hatton Gardens job!

Unless somebody has forgotten to arm them as in the Hatton Gardens job!

I have my own views on this Chubby and although I have no personal experience of this particular facility I have had dealings with others.

The condensed version is that there is not a 'somebody' that either arms, disarms or clears & resets the systems on a daily basis or following an activation. It is down to at least two but usually more and no underwriter would except otherwise. No activation could be reset be it false, malicious or actual attack until a laid down procedure is gone through, again involving 'people' not 'person' so what actually went on at the Hatton Gardens incident I doubt we will ever know as that side of it seems to be brushed over.

My posting was tongue in cheek.

My posting was tongue in cheek.
    Realise that mate but I was surprised just how many people swallowed hook line & sinker what was stated in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeone View Post
    Realise that mate but I was surprised just how many people swallowed hook line & sinker what was stated in the press.
    Bah, so they didn't ring out for pizza at 4.30am and get the delivery boy to pass it through the holes they'd core drilled through the wall?

Back on subject, still amazed there haven't been any more American ultimate contenders added here.

Excluding the imported badged stuff already mentioned like ISM and Bischoff, which were made in Israel and South Africa, I'm thinking of those actually made in the US as I recall an impressive heavy Mosler from an old Locksmith Ledger issue. Not sure when, most I had were from the late 1970s through the 80s. The safe was briefly featured as a new launch back at the time.

The name Stalwart rings a distant bell but doesn't seem to trawl up much and might be crossed lines with something else. From memory it sounded a pretty high grade safe though, And mentioned multiple glass and shrouded locks to frustrate boroscopes. Can't help thinking there must be more from across the pond.

Perhaps evidence of their innate reticence.

Quote Originally Posted by Huw Eastwood View Post
    Back on subject, still amazed there haven't been any American ultimate contenders added here.

Excluding the imported badged stuff already mentioned like ISM and Bischoff, which were made in Israel and South Africa, I'm thinking of those actually made in the US as I recall an impressive heavy Mosler from an old Locksmith Ledger issue. Not sure when, most I had were from the late 1970s through the 80s. The safe was briefly featured as a new launch back at the time.

The name Stalwart rings a distant bell but doesn't seem to trawl up much and might be crossed lines with something else. From memory it sounded a pretty high grade safe though, And mentioned multiple glass and shrouded locks to frustrate boroscopes. Can't help thinking there must be more from across the pond.

Post #198 ? Be gentle with me eh.........

Thread Information