Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default sargent and yale

went to a little local antique shop. the building used to be a ford garage built around 1900. I saw this lock set for 15.00. the owner told me she took it off the original door. the lock is a sargent easy spring and the cylinder lock is a yale. both of which I collect. :) I'm just trying to get a time frame for either or both. any info would be helpful. Thank you :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-04-05 17.32.57.jpg   2014-04-05 17.33.19.jpg   2014-04-05 17.34.24.jpg   2014-04-05 17.34.46.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut6999 View Post
    went to a little local antique shop. the building used to be a ford garage built around 1900. I saw this lock set for 15.00. the owner told me she took it off the original door. the lock is a sargent easy spring and the cylinder lock is a yale. both of which I collect. :) I'm just trying to get a time frame for either or both. any info would be helpful. Thank you :)
    Sargent is early 20th century but likely not quite as old as 1900. Yale cylinder would be post 1960 according to the logo.

Pete Schifferli

Default thanks

Thank you. was kinda what I was thinking. now I get to take it apart and clean the inside. this is the part I like :D

Default before

thought id throw in a pic before I clean up the inside. love this kinda stuff :) I'll do an after when its done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-04-08 19.07.58.jpg  

Default before/after

carb cleaner. soft toothbrush, wd40 and 2 hours later :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails before-after.jpg  

Thread Information