Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Key Blanks for Sargent and Corbin padlocks wanted

Here are some pictures of padlocks I still need keys for. Any help is appreciated :)

I will add another picture of a small Yale padlock tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.Old Corbin padlock.JPG   002.Old Corbin Keyway (3).JPG   001.Old Sargent Padlock.JPG   001.Old Sargent Padlock (2).JPG   001.Old Sargent Padlock (3).JPG  

On the corbin is the keyway have both of the wardings square? or is the upper one a V? If it is both square it is a Corbin 99 keyway. If it has a V on the upper warding it is a Corbin 97 keyway.

The other is a standard flat key... those are hard to find in OEM or after market in brass. Steel is about the only thing to be had. That makes it hard to fit keys.

The blanks for your Sargent can be found. Have one in front of me. I'll stop by the locksmith shop I got it from tomorrow and see get you the manufacturer and blank number, as there is no number on it.

Gordon

It looks like Ilco makes one that might work. It is listed under Yale in the steel blanks. Ilco #1031 and it is nickel silver brass. Hard but someone should be able to impression with that. There is also a blank 94 that is brass but is shorter and I don't know would be long enough. Please note that the keys are .040/1.0mm thick and .290/7.37mm tall for the 94 and .040/1.0mm thick and .285/7.2mm tall for the 1031. So measure the keyway and see if it is about one of those sizes.

Corbin padlock should be a 99 keyway. I have one just like it on my bench.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the big help so far!

Gordon if you could help me on the 4 pin Sargent blank it would be most appreciated!
    Dean you are still talking about the Corbin right? I will try to post a picture with measures within this week.

I know that padlock well enough. It came in whatever keyway it was ordered in to match door hardware. So I think it is a 99 keyway and I have it.

Default Key Blanks for Sargent and Corbin padlock wanted.

Well I have two padlock almost like dicey. The Sargent padlock with patent June 16 TM 1912 with chain. The key by using 1064A blank with blade file off to fit in the plug. I did find the right blank for it but sorry don't know what the key number it. I also has Corbin padlock this is one of the hard padlock to impression the key as the pin are small ball bearing. One of these hoping to get working key for it. The key that will work using 1000DA as file the shoulder of to get key in all the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sargent Padlock #2B.jpeg   Sargent Padlock #3B.jpeg   Sargent Padlock #4B.jpeg   Sargent Padlock #1B.jpeg   Sargent Key.jpeg  

Corbin Padlock #22A.jpeg   Corbin Padlock #22C.jpeg   Corbin Padlock #22D.jpeg  

Thanks for your post Timothy, some nice padlocks you got there :)
    My keyway on the Sargent is flat though.

Hey Dean, I will check with my locksmith by the End of this week if eh has the Corbin 99 keyway blank and maybe also a blank keyway blank for the Sargent. No idea if he has these though but we will see!

I was finally able to check in with my locksmith but sadly he did not have the blanks.

Thread Information