Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Milner list 3 main plate wanted!

Hi

After the main plate for a list 3 Milner Safe dates to 1890s for a reasonable price.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG6560.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by axeloti View Post
    Hi

After the main plate for a list 3 Milner Safe dates to 1890s for a reasonable price.

Thanks
    There are different sizes so please measure the diameter as accurately as you can from the marks on the paintwork.
    The plates that had List 3 written on them had a swag underneath the plate and I cant see any signs of that. I suppose a list 3 safe may have not advertised the fact and just had a normal round plate on. or it may not be a list 3 safe.
    I would have thought that a pressed round plate is the most likely one (the ones with a swag and saying list 3 were normally cast.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    There are different sizes so please measure the diameter as accurately as you can from the marks on the paintwork.
    The plates that had List 3 written on them had a swag underneath the plate and I cant see any signs of that. I suppose a list 3 safe may have not advertised the fact and just had a normal round plate on. or it may not be a list 3 safe.
    I would have thought that a pressed round plate is the most likely one (the ones with a swag and saying list 3 were normally cast.)
    It does have swags under the circle, might not be clear on photo.

Thread Information