Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default hand made padlock

Hi all my name is Kent I am a facility locksmith Albion College in Michigan.. I recently came across this lock and wonder if anyone would venture a quess as to its age?
    Thanks in advance
    Kent

Default Hand Made Padlock

Hoping the pics show up

Check out "How to upload ..." if you haven't already: http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...ghlight=upload

I have tried to upload an image from the icon "insert image" and from "attachments" with no luck I have sized them to 800x450 and nothing shows up .. Any suggestions?
    Kent

Quote Originally Posted by keyman450 View Post
    I have tried to upload an image from the icon "insert image" and from "attachments" with no luck I have sized them to 800x450 and nothing shows up .. Any suggestions?
    Kent
    I'm only familiar with the "Attachments" method (paper clip icon). Be sure your image is of an allowed type and within size limits, scroll down the pop-up window for guidance. For example, .bmp files are not allowed, and if your image is a .gif the 800x450 is too big. The Manage Atachments pop-up window can give you an error message but you have to look for it, near the top of the window. They didn't go out of the way to make it stand out!

Here we go, pictures of one gate lock. Next time open your files in paint and then save as and the file you save it as will be sized correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140203_115952.jpg   20140203_120419.jpg   20140203_120438.jpg   20140203_123141.jpg  

Thanks for posting them for me ... Any guesses as to age?

1-100 years old. This type of lock is still made in some parts of the world.

Thread Information