Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Union U805 access Device

I've got a customer that didn't realise that you didn't have to take this lock apart to change the handing .So now they have brought it back in pieces .would anyone have a pic with the back off to help me put it back together Thanks . email lockquay@lockquay.plus.com thanks .

lol
    Not just customers, I had a local lockie bring me 3 pvc gearboxes and all the parts in one bucket.
    Apparently he thought you needed to open them to change handing and gave up on each before bringing to me to put back together.
    You would have thought he would have learnt after one. He says he opened the second to see how they went back and the third through sheer frustration trying to fix his mess :)

Unfortunately I can't help you on this one though

Some how it's my fault ? If they had shown me it would have taken a second . They even tried to say it was broken & I reminded them that I showed them how it worked & that was on cctv .

Always good to have big brother as a back up

From memory, I think that there are very few pieces but they dont sit easily on the bench to take a photo of. Put them how you think and try it out -you will probably be right, even though the mechanism doesnt look likely to work when you look at it with the back off.

Thanks for getting back , It's easy getting all the parts in place . I just can't work out how to posisstion the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dean View Post
    Thanks for getting back , It's easy getting all the parts in place . I just can't work out how to posisstion the spring.
    It just sits there and the cap holds it I thought...but I havent looked recently. As I remember it is NOT a good bit of design and looks like there ought to be another part or something.

I've got it sorted , I've just found out they are trying to fit it to a exidor system , replacing a Exidor FD302. & I'm not sure it's compatible .

Thread Information