Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Need your help identifying dual custody padlock

Hello. I have a padlock that requires two keys which I believe would be referred to as a dual custody lock from what I have gathered after perusing some threads on this knowledgable site.
    The small key that is inserted on the front must be turned before the larger key can be fully inserted and then turned to open the lock.
    The letters BR on the face and Made In China are the only identifying marks I can see.
    Thanks in advance for any information, value anyone can provide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I thought I would watch your post for these last few days and see if anyone else had any info. I bought one off ebay about 2 1/2 years ago because, I had not seen one before and I do have interest in dual custody locks. Mine appears to be one model size larger than yours, with a 2 1/8" tall base(body), also in mint to near mint condition. I spent a little time searching for the maker and what BR might stand when I got it, but never had any luck and am still curious. The seller listed it as a "Trust lock", but had no further info on it. I was pretty excited to take it to a lock show last year as I still had not seen another. While it did get some interest and a lot of looks, the collector value just wasn't there. Most set it back down after reading "made in China'. I think it is a well built padlock, with good weight and a nice feel. The textured finish is reminiscent of the 1960's to me, on a guess.

Default need your help dual custody padlock

I too have a similar lock, my lock body is 1 3/4 high---3" to the top of the shackle.
    The seller that I got mine from said it was made in Mexico....I have done no research.
    The name is on a green tag riveted to the lock. on front of mine says "Diamante"
    The finish is like black textured. the action is tight & I thought it was kinda unique...
    It is pretty well made as I can see.... looks a LOT like yours ...Donnie

I also have one, via eBay, a little over 2 inches tall (body). The keys are marked "Made in China" and "China" is stamped on the shackle.

Thanks for the responses, ca

Thanks for the responses, what kind of value would you place on this example I have or perhaps you might divulge what you paid for yours.
    TIA

I paid $32.59 in 2006 for mine but that price was for the BR lock as well as a Yale Southern Railway lock with a "stepped" shackle (not sure if that's the correct term).

Thread Information