Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi I'm Paul, I'm a locksmith and i collect mortice locks. I mainly get them from old doors in skips or off jobs where they need new locks fitting and i buy the odd one too.

i also collect euros and other cylinders but dont have much in the way of antique mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by pickingpaul View Post
    Hi I'm Paul, I'm a locksmith and i collect mortice locks. I mainly get them from old doors in skips or off jobs where they need new locks fitting and i buy the odd one too.

i also collect euros and other cylinders but dont have much in the way of antique mind you.
    Hi Paul, welcome

I can't say I have anything against modern deadlocks but I only collect them if they are especially interesting or high-security - and RKS stuff and the like. Anything else I get goes into "stock" (ie stuff I need in case I need it or someone else has a need for it).
    Having said that I do like Chubb stuff so I will probably try to at least get one of very type of lock over time, whatever they happen to be!

Thread Information