Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Gougler Keyless Lock Co. history

Pete, I printed that document a few years ago.. Have you added anything to it from when you first posted the option to find it & print it?
    ...........................donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Pete, I printed that document a few years ago.. Have you added anything to it from when you first posted the option to find it & print it? ...........................donnie
    "wylk" is the author of that document, not yours truly.
    • Pete Schifferli

Quote Originally Posted by SwearD View Post
    In regard to the mention of two numbers stamped on many locks, I seem to remember that the number stamped on the shackles corresponded to the locker numbers, so that stray locks could be put back on the right locks.
    That's a good observation though it seems the other way around. I have a few where the shackle number indicates the combination (meaning the institution did not go with a private/blind set of codes) and this is the location where they usually put the code, so the side/case number is likely the locker number.

I have uploaded an updated version of the Miller/Gougler/Miller document. I don't keep notes on changes but as best as I can tell there are typographical/grammar changes, a few new locks shown, an explanation of the two numbers on locker locks (per SwearD), and clarification of when Miller Industries went out of business (also per SwearD).

http://w3.uwyo.edu/~jimkirk/jbmgm-locks.doc

Thread Information