Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Can not connect to the Forum!!! Please Help!!!

Hello everyone,

Since a while I can not connect to the forum and I mean not at all. It does not work at my place and also not at my parents place. It did not work at my parents place before but I did not really care since it worked on my own computer in my apartment. Now I have the same problem at my place. A friend of mine can connect with his computer but both my computer and my Laptop can not connect. I have not tried it with my Laptop in his Wireless LAN yet but will do that soon. I am into IT and usually solve problems like this every day but this one remains a mystery to me.

I have tried:
    • Checking my proxy settings as well as the internet settings in the Firefox
    • Turned off private browsing and cleared the cache etc.
    • Tried different browsers
    • Turned off ALL of my firewalls both ESET, Windows and the Router
    • Checked all the settings eventually blocked websites etc.

My parents and I do have different routers. I will try to remove ESET now and try it again after doing that.
    I have no idea what it is and need help 28doh29 otherwise I will not be able to connect to the Forum any longer.

Adrian

Okay I have tried it at my friends location now and it works. Meaning it can not be the firewall, anti virus nor my settings or the browser.

He has a different provider than I have, my router is up to date. My parents are with the Telekom and I am with vodafone.

Any thoughts?

If it works at a friend's but not at home, could it be a DNS cache issue? For example, try restarting your computer or clearing the cache. Or, for example if you have a DSL modem, power-cycle it to clear any caching it might have done. Try nslookup and/or ping (though many services block pinging it might still be helpful).

Hey wylk,

thanks for your comment my IT friend helped me to evaluate the problem and you were right with the DNS cache problem! We now flashed the DNS cache but also reset the router etc. I had to redo my cables anyway as I bought a new and better surge protection from Brennenstuhl.

Everything back to normal now, thank you

Sorry for bringing that up here but I was a bit out of ideas, happens to the best I assume

Thread Information