Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale Dual Offset Cylinder Prison Lock

I have two of this type of Yale Offset Cylinder Prison Locks, but I am only willing to sell one or the other- not both.

On one of them, the bolt throws with some difficulty.* The cylinder itself turns fine, but there is some misalignment in how the cylinder links to the bolt throw mechanism. Many viewing this ad are locksmiths and probably capable of correcting this. The video illustrates these issues.

There is only one mounting screw. Part of the mounting hole has broken off. This no doubt contributes to the misalignment of the bolt linkage, but again is probably repairable by the type of people viewing this ad.

The cylinder on the other side is evidently keyed differently and is not operable by the provided key. This is also illustrated in the video.

DSC 0865 1

DSC 0869 1

DSC 0883 1

DSC 0886 1

DSC 0888 1

DSC 0890 1

The 2nd lock functions perfectly with both cylinders operational and is nicely painted. Oddly enough this lock also has a broken screw mount that does not affect operations at all. This may have been an Achilles heel in this type of lock, though it had an production run of over 60 years.

picsay1387276811 1

IMG 20131217 043541 1

I am not certain that I am willing to sell the 2nd lock, but I am willing to entertain offers. The crossed out keys are not included. Only the Folger Adam key is included.

The first lock is $100 firm, plus $17.00 shipping to Continental US only and includes a Folger Adam key.

DSC 0892 1

Here is the broken screw mount I was referring to. Somehow I forgot to post this picture:

DSC 0881 1

The catalog pages are from Don Stewart's Yale Prison Lock collector's guide from the early 80's. The diagrams and copy are taken directly Yale's original catalogs from the 1880s to 1957.

Are these still available? PM sent.

Yes they are still available. Private Message replied to.

Thread Information