Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default G'day from Australia!

Love how the internet & these forums are bringing people together who share a common interest. I collect many things and recently picked up four nice little locks at an auction in a place called Coolman, New South Wales.

Only one has a key, but searches on the internet have failed to help me identify them but I did find this forum so wasn't a complete waste. :)

I will attempt to add photos and any help anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

First lock with key: Inscription reads Warranted Secure. Hand Made & London Improved.

It it is small, around 2.5cm across

Second lock says, Made in Germany TRIX 123 on back side. 3.5cm X 3cm

third looks to be ? Brass with some nice engravings with Warranted Secure stamped on front. Nothing on the back. It's about 3cm in size

Lucky last is a vintage Sidco 600 combination lock. 3.5 x 3cm

Information on any of these would be great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie1 View Post
    Love how the internet & these forums are bringing people together who share a common interest. I collect many things and recently picked up four nice little locks at an auction in a place called Coolman, New South Wales.

Only one has a key, but searches on the internet have failed to help me identify them but I did find this forum so wasn't a complete waste. :)

I will attempt to add photos and any help anyone can offer would be most appreciated.

First lock with key: Inscription reads Warranted Secure. Hand Made & London Improved.

It it is small, around 2.5cm across

Second lock says, Made in Germany TRIX 123 on back side. 3.5cm X 3cm

third looks to be ? Brass with some nice engravings with Warranted Secure stamped on front. Nothing on the back. It's about 3cm in size

Lucky last is a vintage Sidco 600 combination lock. 3.5 x 3cm

Information on any of these would be great!
    Hi Greenie

Welcome to the forum

Are you working in the locksmith trade?

THe SIDCO Padlock is made by SIDDONS a Victorian company also famous for SIDCHROME spanners. They were common in the 50s and 60s but were discontinued in the late 60s or early 70s. From memory they had a fixed code, but were very easy to open with direct pressure on the hasp. I remember once the opening technique was passed around the students at our HIgh School, everyone was opening the locks. They also made warded padlocks.

Hi Cliff,

Thank you you for your reply & information regarding my little Sidco combination lock. I will have to give your school time trick a try!

No I am not a professional locksmith, just hobbiest of many items of interest.

Cheers,
    Teresa

Thread Information