Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need help finding Miller JBMKL Co. Master Special combination code

I've inherited an old keyless lock and would love to be able to open it. Serial number is 7999 and it is a JBMKL Co. Master Special. Can someone help with a combination code? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0485.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	10235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0486.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	10236

Default Miller combination

For your information I don't think that code 7999. It could be code 2999. As sometime the 2 would look like 7. Try as turn are left 2, right 1, left & right hard. If slght combination the 6-2--10. If combination is click 5-8-4. Let us know what happen. .Timothy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	10255 The ID Number on the lock seems unmistakable 7999. Also, although I am a complete novice, I was under the impression, however, that this lock is opened by turning left to stop and then proceeding with a R-L-R-L "click" combination code. I thank Timothy for the first reply, but I could not make any headway, it was not clear to me what I needed to do. Please clarify or suggest other options.

There is actually more variety for these. Some require turning left to stop, some right to stop. Some lists of combinations only apply to the later, die-cast-case models. Older versions of the Reed books do list some combinations for these older models but nothing for 7999.

Is there another number, under the shackle?

Is there another number, under the shackle?
    by golly there is another number! very faint and worn but I have examined it with lots of light and magnification, it is upside-down under the shackle. The number is 855. Thanks for your help, now if we can crack this thing... I hope there is a code. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	10282

They used to put the code under the shackle but after years of use the numbers can wear off. Later they wised up and switched to one side of the shackle instead.

Unfortunately 855 is not in my code book. The two surrounding codes suggest that 855 might be 24232 but I wouldn't put any money on that.

Default Miller combination

Try this sight 35-10-35, for click 5-19-7..Timothy. .

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Try this sight 35-10-35, for click 5-19-7..Timothy. .
    I'm very sorry, but I'm not sure what some of your instructions mean. Can you explain or is there a tutorial some where? I'm a druggist not a locksmith, forgive me. This lock only clicks left or right and depending how many clicks one way it may only click between 1 and 9 clicks the opposite way. It seems to be ever changing but I'm sure there is a rhyme or reason to it. I'm not ready to give up, but the dial sure has become polished to a shine at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    The two surrounding codes suggest that 855 might be 24232 but I wouldn't put any money on that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (3).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	10288 When you mentioned 2-4-2.... I knew we were in the ball park, just from having turned this dial so many times and listened to and felt what was going on. Anyway, going off the 2-4-2 sequence it didn't take long to figure it out. So the combo is left to stop, then R-2 clicks, L-4, R-2, L-6, R-4. Or as you would say "24264". Thanks! that was fun! I'm sure this lock has not been opened in more than 50 years. When would you estimate it was manufactured?

Default Combination for master special

Hey I just picked up a JBMKL Master Special at a flea market.
    Dial stops when turned all the way to the right. Code on shackle is CC 183 any help with possible combinations would be appreciated. Also when were these locks made?
    thanks Jpo

Thread Information