Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need help finding JBMKL Co Master Special combination Code

Hello,

I recently acquired this JBMKL Co “Master Special” lock from an online auction. It had a scrap of paper attached with some numbers on it that I hoped would be enough of a clue to open the lock. Sadly, no luck.

With that said, I am hoping someone on this forum can once again help me out with a combination or enough clues to get me where I need to go. Some observations about this lock:

1. The number on the front of the shackle is 622
    2. The number under the hoop of the shackle is 213
    3. The lock has a left-hand stop
    4. Turning the dial 1 to 7 clicks to the right results in ability to only turn the same number back to the left. Turning dial 8 clicks to the right results in ability to turn one click to the left, 9r = 2L, 10r = 3L, etc. This negates any combination where the second number (left) is larger than the first.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if this should have been started in a new thread. Thanks in advance!

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JBMKL_Master_Special_1.jpg   JBMKL_Master_Special_2.jpg  

Thread Information