Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Hello All

Default Hello All

Hi. I am a new attendee. I will share with you all, my passion... Old, unusual, antique PADLOCKS! They are my thing. I started as a lock picker and have progressed to restoration and locksmithing. I will upload a pic of my current project. Its also my avatar. Hope to make some friends, not get in trouble and learn a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20131211_221444.jpg  

Greetings Missouri and welcome to the forum. Nice avatar, I do look forward to seeing some of the pics and hearing what you have had to do to it. -bill

Welcome!

You should tell us a little about your project.

Missouri, welcome from another antique padlock collector. I see you're from the "Show Me" state, so how about showing us more of your collection?? I've got several of my locks posted on here in old posts, but you can find most of them if you search. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Welcome aboard. We would love to see your collection. Take a look at our other postings on padlocks and see if there is anything you might know and add to the overall knowledge base.

One thing on the watermark. I understand the need for it. But can you tone it back a bit maybe size or location as I can see that it might obscure some detail. At least in that picture I can make out most of the Masons Logo but had to look hard to see some of the lines.

Nice lock!

[QUOTE=Dean Nickel;15352

One thing on the watermark. I understand the need for it. But can you tone it back a bit maybe size or location as I can see that it might obscure some detail. At least in that picture I can make out most of the Masons Logo but had to look hard to see some of the lines.

Nice lock! [/QUOTE]
    Any pictures I post will have to have a watermark. I will see what I can do, but I previous did sensitive research and had my pictures and videos stolen and someone else too credit for them. So, they are a necessity in regard to any picures I offer.

Totally understand the why.

Thread Information