Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

richsafe Guest

Default Old Safe (help) Make?

I purchased an old safe which needs a few parts for the combination dials. I am unable to determine the manufacturer of the safe and am having no luck finding the parts I need because of this. I have exhausted my local resources of safe & lock shops. Any help determining the make and a possible source for the parts, I need, would be greatly appreciated. It is 61"tall x 34 1/2 wide x 30 deep it weighs 3000 lbs. I was told it is an old jewelers safe. It has double doors in the front with the combo dial on the right side door and an unlocking handle on each door. The numbers 19113 are stamped on the unlocking handles. The doors have the locking mechanisms and bolts exposed on the back without any covering. They look like vault doors. There are 2 locking bolts on top and bottom of the left door and 4 on the side. The right door has 1 locking bolt on the top and bottom and 4 on the side. The outside combination dial is there but the center cap is missing. There are no markings on the dial. The combination lock mechanism is mostly there except for the dials. It looks like the dials thread into the back cover of the lock mechanism. The lock combo box mechanism has 465 stamped on most of the parts it looks to be made of brass. I have some pictures I was unable to upload. If you email me I will forward them. rickdion@grar.com. I appreciate any help or advice. I would like to get this great old safe restored and working again.
    Thank you for your timel
    Rick

Default Re: Old Safe (help) Make?

Any chance of an image of the safe please.

May be able to help.

Regards
    Russell Stoner-Director
    Withy Grove

Quote Originally Posted by richsafe
    I purchased an old safe which needs a few parts for the combination dials. I am unable to determine the manufacturer of the safe and am having no luck finding the parts I need because of this. I have exhausted my local resources of safe & lock shops. Any help determining the make and a possible source for the parts, I need, would be greatly appreciated. It is 61"tall x 34 1/2 wide x 30 deep it weighs 3000 lbs. I was told it is an old jewelers safe. It has double doors in the front with the combo dial on the right side door and an unlocking handle on each door. The numbers 19113 are stamped on the unlocking handles. The doors have the locking mechanisms and bolts exposed on the back without any covering. They look like vault doors. There are 2 locking bolts on top and bottom of the left door and 4 on the side. The right door has 1 locking bolt on the top and bottom and 4 on the side. The outside combination dial is there but the center cap is missing. There are no markings on the dial. The combination lock mechanism is mostly there except for the dials. It looks like the dials thread into the back cover of the lock mechanism. The lock combo box mechanism has 465 stamped on most of the parts it looks to be made of brass. I have some pictures I was unable to upload. If you email me I will forward them. rickdion@grar.com. I appreciate any help or advice. I would like to get this great old safe restored and working again.
    Thank you for your timel
    Rick

Threaded wheel packs strongly suggests Halls ...

Hi There

Could you e-mail me your pics.

I may be able to help.

Regards
    Russell Stoner
    security.wgoi@ic24.net

Quote Originally Posted by richsafe
    Thank you for your timel
    Rick

richsafe Guest

Thank you for all the help. The site administrater posted my pictures in another string. He determined it is a Hall's. Now I just need to find a wheel pack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Hi.

Could you e-mail an image of your safe. If it's English, I would have a good idea of what brand it is.

Regards
    Russell Stoner
    Withy Grove (Leeds) Ltd

ps. For my sins, I don't play with train sets. My spare time covers history & renovation of old crustie safes.
    (See a small selection of old safes & plates on this site)

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

richsafe Guest

Thanks again for all the help. It is a hall's, I just need to find a wheelpack.

Thread Information