Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    The reissue in this case mentions the original which was 1,579,046 granted March 30, 1926.
    :-) I guess I should have read that one instead of just looking at the mechanism.
    BBE.

Default Sesamee Combination Padlock

Thank for head-up as I know it take awhile looking for patent number for any of these padlock. As we all know there are more than just trying to find the right patent number for these padlock.

Adrian
    You are right as don't find very many of this padlock, but just about last week the first time (blue Sesamee padlock) as per attach on eBay for $32.00. The one Ihave got it at Antique Show for about $20.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Here is Sesamee Combination Padlock has for for a long time. Don't see too many of these around. Don't know of year it made but could be in the 1900....Timothy
    I have one and have the combo but there is a small switch on the back is that to change the combo?

Default Sesamee Combination Padlock

Yes is it as I don't have any information of how to change it. If I was you I'll not take that change of doing anything. I'm still looking for some information of how to do it. Hoping one of these day to find it or maybe someone else has it to post here...Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Yes is it as I don't have any information of how to change it. If I was you I'll not take that change of doing anything. I'm still looking for some information of how to do it. Hoping one of these day to find it or maybe someone else has it to post here...Timothy....
    I did find some info on combination changing:
    The combination is formed by merely pressing a small button at the back of the lock and turning the wheels to the three numbers you select for your combination...
    Taken from an old Sesamee flyer pdf found here:
    http://vintagecombinationlocks.com/l...AMEE_FLYER.pdf

Hope this helps a bit.

Pete Schifferli

Default Old Sesamee

Does anyone know how to determine the combination on these old 3 wheelers?

Default To Change The Combination

If new combination is desired, unlock the lock and while the cover key is turned push the setting lever on the back of the lock to the right and up into the notch. Then set the wheels to the desired combination. And then release the setting lever.

Richard

Thread Information