Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Brauns Patentschloß, Abus Diskus, Eagle Diskus

This is a question for the Forum,

I was recently able to acquire some neat Diskus padlocks. Starting with the Brauns Patentschloß with manual (I can translate the manual if there is enough interest to it). There is also a silver Arolds Patentschloß which is marked with the German Reichs Patent, they both look the same but the mechanism seems to be different. I do not have the Arolds but I have a picture, however I am not allowed to publish it because it belongs to a German collector friend.

Then there is the Abus Diskus No. 35/85, this is the ONLY specimen of this padlock that I have ever seen and thankfully it is in my possession. I believe it is as old as the No. 25/70 but I am not sure an that as the Abus Logo differs. The 25 has been restored by a friend in the US and I am very thankful for that! (Thanks a lot Mike!) The 35 is in original NOS condition.

I believe that the Eagle is probably the earliest version or lets say one of the earlier versions. I do not have this padlock in my possession and missed it when it was on Ebay earlier this year. I am looking for one though to make the collection sort of complete.

What do you think is the earliest Diskus padlock?
    Abus always claims to the inventor of the Diskus padlock and in my opinion their Diskus padlocks have the best quality of all Diskus padlocks on the market but that is only my humble opinion!

I did not research patent numbers yet but you are welcome to add them

Sincerely your lock collecting friend,

Adrian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Abus Diskus 35 85 Lever Padlock.JPG   002.Brauns Patentschloß (2).JPG   002.Brauns Patentschloß (1).JPG   001.Brauns Patentschloß (2).JPG   001.Brauns Patentschloß (1).JPG  

Abus Diskus 35 85 Lever Padlock (2).JPG   Abus Diskus 35 85 Lever Padlock (3).JPG   Abus Diskus 35 85 Lever Padlock (4).JPG   001.Abus Diskus 25 70 Lever Padlock (1).JPG   001.Abus Diskus 25 70 Lever Padlock (2).JPG  

010.Abus Diskus 25 70 Lever Padlock (1).JPG   010.Abus Diskus 25 70 Lever Padlock (2).JPG   010.Abus Diskus 25 70 Lever Padlock (3).JPG   001.Vintage Eagle Discus Padlock.jpg  

Thread Information