Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Hello to Forum

Post Hello to Forum

Hello all,

I found this forum from a Google search for information on a Keil #3 key machine, and signed up.

While my interest and skill level is non-professional, I completed the Foley Belsaw courses years ago.
    My grandfather and my dad (from age 12) owned a business from the 1920's.
    Dad continued to operate the sideline business, but he was employed as an in-house locksmith for a large corporation until he retired, and has since passed.

So like all US depression era people - all things were saved, regardless of their significance.
    I'm afraid to have caught that bug myself.

I have a large "collection" of locksmith items and catalogs dating back to 1915's to about 1980's era.
    Residential, commercial, automotive, some safe work, and a huge to-be-inventoried key blank stock.

After reading a little bit here, I realize your site includes other countries with things much earlier than 1920's.
    So I continue to read and learn. Hopefully I can contribute in the future too.

Best Regards,
    Fritz.

Hey Fritz, welcome to the Forum my friend and it is a pleasure having you here! I am sure you will contribute very interesting information in the future from what I have just read

Thanks for the welcome.
    I've been reading many different threads since signing up.

Which forum section would a new discussion thread on my Keil #3 belong?
    I need to take some photo's and maybe a video, this one is a fully operational turret machine with a very interesting automatic copy mechanism on the left side.

Cheers,
    Fritz.

Hello Fritzer and welcome.

Thread Information