Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Eagle Round Padlock

I just looking at Forum Eagle Supr Security IRS Padlock from Adrian. I don't know if anyone has see this padlock or not, but just to show you all of what this Eagle Round Padlock I got from my old Locksmith that used to work with me. As he give is to me to see if we have any key blank for this lock as lucky we have it. I impression the key to working key than measure the cut to cut on key machine. As you would notice that there code letter "EKDWN" on bottom of the lock. You will not find any of this code in the code book. I have no idea of when this padlock came out or Patent for this lock....Timothy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eagle Padlock 1A.jpeg   Eagle Padlock 2.jpeg   Eagle Padlock 3.jpeg   Eagle Padlock 4.jpeg   Eagle Padlock 5.jpeg  

Eagle Padlock 6.jpeg  

Hey, this locks a lot like the other one I have featuring a different core though. A friend of mine that goes by the name Bill or also known as bosnianbill told me that the letters are indicators for the cuts on the keys. But since the company is no longer in business information on that seems to be lost. I wanted to start a thread on that in the forum though. Probably in a restricted section though, not sure yet. As for the moment the letters are not going to help and you have a key anyway.

Adrian
    I'm really not sure if this was the right blank key as this blank key I believe may be old than the padlock. BUT it was a good thing that I did find the right blank key to fit the lock...Timothy

Hm...

To me the key blank and the padlock seem to match, both same age nothing wrong there I would say.

Just a little information I found as there are two differ size of this Eagle padlock. One Eagle #04810 in 1-1/8" with short spacing and with a four cut key. The one I have now is Eagle #04811 in 1-1/2"...Timothy

Default Saw similar lock today.

blank, Ilco 1014A Eagle

Cacher
    You right about that but keep this in mind that almost all Eagle in old day doesn't have key number stamp on key blank. For sure have to make a guess of what the blank number. I have so many of them have to look into key blank catalog to get the blank number.....Timothy......

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Cacher
    You right about that but keep this in mind that almost all Eagle in old day doesn't have key number stamp on key blank. For sure have to make a guess of what the blank number. I have so many of them have to look into key blank catalog to get the blank number.....Timothy......
    There is a reference to the Eagle Supr-Security Padlock in Locks and Lockmakers of America, Rev. 3rd Ed. (c) 1976, 1997 by the late Thomas F. Hennessy on Pg. 12:
    In 1961, the Eagle Lock Co. came out with a new line of locks called "Supr-Security". These were one of the first line of high-security locks which were virtually pick-proof and the keys could not be duplicated on standard key duplicating machines. These locks were invented by Frank Testa, an engineer at Eagle Lock Co. (Patent #3,035,443 May 22, 1962). These new "Supr-Security" locks included padlocks, jimmy-proof locks, cam locks and rim and mortise cylinders. These locks were quite successful, but they could not be masterkeyed.
    These used the Eagle Supr-Security Key which employed three basic lock principles; Bell-type, disc tumblers and a side bar, see thumbnail attached.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EagleSupr-SecurityLock.jpg  

Thread Information