Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default gougler keyless lock, need combination

I have an old gougler keyless lock that my father gave me years ago along with several other locks. He very well may have gotten it in the navy in the late 60's. He did not remember the combination. I would like to surprise him with the lock and combination. I will also need directions on how to open it. The lock has the number 719 stamped on the hinge side of the lock. The dial turns in either direction with no positive stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20131104_095507.jpg   20131104_095541.jpg   20131104_095522.jpg  

Default additional information

The lock also has the number 84 stamped on the back of the hasp on the hinge side

Cool

David, Try L7-R8-L2-R7
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default gougler keyless

Mark, I tried L7-R8-L2-R7 after turning several revolutions left then tried after turning several revolutions right. Both times starting at zero. Also tried R7-L8-R2-L7 both ways, with no success. The lock has two different numbers stamped on it, one on the side of the case 719 and one on the back of the hasp 84. I have no idea which one is the combination code. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

David, it looks like your lock could have been one from a group sold maybe to a school or company with its own priority code lists. Those groups were not listed in the books and the codes are impossible to determine. Most if not all the ones we can get combos for are 3 digit or 4 digit with the numbers being stamped on the shackle,I have nothing for 2 digit codes. Sorry I couldn't help,Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

David, one more thing, You are counting the clicks and not the numbers on the face correct? These locks are opened completely different than most combination locks. Where for example with a Master Lock combination lock, you would turn to the first number then reverse rotation,go past the first number twice to get to the second number,stop and reverse rotation again past the second number and stop at the third number to open them. On these Gouglers you turn the the dial 2 turns past 0 in the direction of the first combo. In your case it would be left. Stop at 0 then go left counting 4 clicks, stop. Go right 8 clicks,stop. Go left 2 clicks, stop. Go right 7 clicks, stop. The shackle isn't spring loaded, so you have to pull it open. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default Looking for help with the combination for gougler

Hi. I got six gouglers in fair shape the one II have in the best shape hardly used I do not have ccombination for it numbers on it are f0060 and 39 on side

If anyone could help it would be great

Thank you

RICH

Default Looking for help with the combination for gougler

Hi. I got six gouglers in fair shape the one II have in the best shape hardly used I do not have ccombination for it numbers on it are f0060 and 39 on side

If anyone could help it would be great

Thank you

RICH

Rich, that lock is probably another lock out of a group that was sold to a school or company with their own proprietary codes that weren't published or released to the public. All the codes I have are for either 3 number or 4 number, but the 4 number codes start with either 1 or 2. Sorry I can't help with this one. However if you want to try and find the combos to your other Gouglers, follow the instructions as follows and I'll see if I can find them, Mark http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...ation-requests
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thank you for your reply this must be why it looks untouched Thanks take care. RICH

Thread Information