Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nib nos #9

I also have a Master #9 but it's in a blue and black box.I tried posting pics but can't get them to go on. I do have the pics on another lock forum.

I saw yours over on KP, I wonder which box is older? I've got several miniature padlocks in my collection, however I don't collect them, they were given to me by others that know I collect locks. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default Master #9

I think the other box may be older because of the 'cub', where mine only says 'padlock'.

Can't find them.........

I am still not able to find them... I search for vintage and antique masterlock and also for lion padlock, nothing.

Default master key

i searched walking lion master key and it came up on the 2nd page of 2 pages.

Well, they were several lines of premium security lock products. Master Lock is the most recognized brand of locks, with padlocks and combination locks constituting its primary base of business. Cool!

Meant to get this reply posted weeks ago , oh well might as well get it in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weber View Post
    [...]

I will keep looking for the other ones missing now but I nearly have everything I wanted so far. [...]
    Stuff that should be high on the desirability list for a Master Lock collector are the early warded padlocks made in the 1920s and 1930s. Master made several different warded padlock models back then, with one, two, or three locking springs, or even one (in the case of the #105 "Jewel") or two locking levers (in the case of the adjustable shackle padlocks, as well as the highest-end regular ones, the 2"-wide (similar to the No. 5 pin tumbler padlock in size) #905-908 "Super" padlocks, locking both the heel and toe of the shackle). Several of these models had the sides of the case ground smooth, hiding the joints between the plates, and the earliest padlocks produced prior to some point early in the second half of the 1920s additionally had the rivet heads ground off. The case was also painted black up to sometime in the 1920s not too long after the rivet heads stopped being ground. After Master introduced the "Secret Service" pin tumbler padlocks in the 1930s, they discontinued many of the warded models, with the last of the ground models, the #1400 "Special", being produced until (I'm told) the early '40s.

Below are some examples of early Master items, ranging from a (rare N.O.S., albeit patinated) 1930s-40s #1400 "Special" to a very rare "PAT. PEND." Master laminated padlock from before Harry Soref's April 22, 1924 patent, as well as a very rare and obscure Master Door Guard (pat. no. 1,538,599), an early Master product made until some point in the mid 1920s or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Early Master padlock 1.jpg   Early Master Padlock 2 (with text).jpg   Master #103 Door Guard 1.jpg   Master #103 Door Guard 2.jpg   Master #300 and #400.jpg  

Master #300 and #400 b.jpg   Master #400 duplicate key with tag.jpg   Master #400 Ace.jpg   Master #450 hasplock 1 (with text).jpg   Master #1400 Special.jpg  

Thread Information