Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    My username on Ebay is Thelockman but you will rarely find me bidding on anything there. I am in a sell it mode regarding my collection. I take the pictures and put them on my web site to sell them.
    BBE.
    Any way to see what all you have for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmoss26 View Post
    Any way to see what all you have for sale?
    http://www.thelockman.com

ONLY prices in RED are for sale items, all others for reference only. The content changes from time to time.
    BBE.

When I click on 'for sale' it prompts me for a username and password.

Same here BBE, I would be interested if there are some nice pieces.
    Tried to register but it says I have to be member of one of the big Safe societies.

Please let me know if there is a way to see your items

Try this site, it's also by him and it has the locks for sale in red.
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default Master Padlock Lion Logo Key Dates Wanted

Try WHAT site............Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Try WHAT site............Donnie
    Sorry, my error. What I should have said was once you get to that site click on the museum site in the lower left corner of the screen. Sometimes I get in a hurry and screw up.
    BBE.

BBE I can not find any Masterlocks on there. As said before I would be interested in any Masterlock in NOS condition with Box that you might have + also the keys and the boxes but as I know that another big Masterlock collector on here is also an interest in these I will leave these for him if he wants them. He has a much bigger knowledge about Masterlock than I do and well deserves them. The Masterlocks would be in good hands with me though and shipping could be within the US to a friend.

I may also be able to do something for you, I saw you have the huge Bode Panzer combination padlock. If you do not have the combination let me know I may have the right combo for you!

Adrian

@BBE: GREAT, RARE find!! Someday I hope to start hunting estate sales, etc., also for rare stuff like this. Was this an active or defunct hardware store or locksmith shop?

The #47 was most assuredly not Master's first corrugated-keyed lock. One of, if not the first model(s) with corrugated keys was the #300 "Gem" no later than about 1927 I believe. There are several corrugated-keyed warded models listed in the October 1931 The Master Padlock magazine.

I did not know either that there were nickel-plated brass keys made. As I mentioned earlier, I have a couple of 1930s-'40s #3 padlocks and a walking-lion #77 of similar vintage, all N.O.S. in box, with (apparently) brass keys (not nickel plated, though), making the nickel-silver vs. brass situation a bit murky, so this find adds to the mix. The #400 keys are not the earliest style for that model; this style may have been introduced in the early 1930s (the 1931 magazine shows an earlier style).

May I ask what models the N.O.S. padlocks you found are? The rare boxes of key blanks (especially the earlier ones in the middle row) are items that I'd be very interested in acquiring if possible, and possibly one or more of the padlocks as well depending on what they are.

I hope to post another couple replies to this thread later today that I've been meaning to get done and posted for a number of days now, one of which will include photos of some 1920s-'30s warded Master locks.

Zachary.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weber View Post
    BBE I can not find any Masterlocks on there. As said before I would be interested in any Masterlock in NOS condition with Box that you might have + also the keys and the boxes but as I know that another big Masterlock collector on here is also an interest in these I will leave these for him if he wants them. He has a much bigger knowledge about Masterlock than I do and well deserves them. The Masterlocks would be in good hands with me though and shipping could be within the US to a friend.

I may also be able to do something for you, I saw you have the huge Bode Panzer combination padlock. If you do not have the combination let me know I may have the right combo for you!

Adrian
    Other than Logo lock you aren't likely to find any MLC locks on my site either. That site serves two purposes, one and primarily it is a reference site for those looking to evaluate pricing and condition of various locks. two, it is a place where I sell various items from my own personal collection. there are many things in my collection that aren't on the site and many others that have been sold on Ebay. If I decide that I want to sell those blanks or any other locks I happen to have that aren't logo's or very old, they will likely go on Ebay as well.
    BBE.

Thread Information