Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default master key

i searched walking lion master key and it came up on the 2nd page of 2 pages.

Can't find them.........

Default walking lion brass key

I wouldn't no why .I just checked and I now found it listed as the 1st item on page 1. I typed in 'walking lion master key' and clicked on 'all catagories'.

Okay NOW I got them

Sometimes I can't get results on the American Ebay due to some country restrictions. 2-3 days later it usually works again, seems that happened again, sorry guys!

Default walking lion brass key

glad that you found it.besides the 18 walking lion blanks I also have about 30 master V brass 5 pin blanks.

Here is a Master #5 I got this past weekend:
    C06CB129BB654A668FED23CB7295776D34940000 1

87AA0F030509495FB3E0E2C85A0C8C1734940000 1

017ED987A7B24570B6F139C08FBCC7E334940000 1

I found some NOS Master key blanks recently still in the original boxes. I'll comment on them as there are some special things involved. Here is a picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MLC Blanks.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	9312

Top Row
    22KL 47KR 22KR
    Middle Row
    400K 410K 1K 77K 500K 1100K
    Bottom Row
    1K 1K 7K

The 22 Right and Left obviously weren't plated as well as they should have been and as a result there is some corrosion on them. The 47 may be their first corrugated key. The 400 and 410 are very early production and basically just flat as is the 500. The 1100 is a corrugated key. The 1 keys in the box are nickel-silver but the 77 keys are brass. I also found a loose 77 key that is NP Brass, very interesting.

The three keys at the very bottom are quite interesting as well. The #1 key by itself is NP Brass and I wasn't aware that they ever made them that way. The next one is brass and the last one is a #7 which is also NP Brass. I can imagine that there was a transition period when the #1 and #7 were changed from NS to Brass and maybe they made the NP Brass ones as part of that transition. I did not know the 77 had been NP Brass either. Also interesting of course is they way they were sold, one or three dozen in a box. Amazing what can be found in the back room of old hardware stores and locksmith shops. There were a few old locks in boxes too and I'll take pictures in a week or so and post them.
    BBE.

Great find!!

Hey BBE, that is indeed a great find!

Are you also the one bidding on the ones NOS in package on Ebay? Someone is outbidding every bid I throw in. If I know that is you I will not higher the price because I know the locks would be in good hands. If any of the padlocks that are still in package are for sale, I would be highly interested please let me know.

It would also be cool to get 1 each of these keys for my collection as I assume you won't be giving away the boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weber View Post
    Hey BBE, that is indeed a great find!

Are you also the one bidding on the ones NOS in package on Ebay? Someone is outbidding every bid I throw in. If I know that is you I will not higher the price because I know the locks would be in good hands. If any of the padlocks that are still in package are for sale, I would be highly interested please let me know.

It would also be cool to get 1 each of these keys for my collection as I assume you won't be giving away the boxes
    My username on Ebay is Thelockman but you will rarely find me bidding on anything there. I am in a sell it mode regarding my collection. I take the pictures and put them on my web site to sell them.
    BBE.

Thread Information