Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Master Padlock Lion Logo

I have an old #77 with nickel/silver keys.....A BRASS # 2 with nickel silver key's..
    Not sure when the brass was used in the laminate & why?.....Donnie

Default Master Padlock Walking Lion Nickel Silver keys

Photo's didn't make it.............try again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a couple of Yale #77's  & a brass #2 with nickle silver key 007.jpg  

Default Master Padlock Walking Lion Nickel Silver key's

One more time on the BRASS laminated #2 with Nickel Silver key's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a couple of Yale #77's  & a brass #2 with nickle silver key 012.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I have an old #77 with nickel/silver keys.....A BRASS # 2 with nickel silver key's..
    Not sure when the brass was used in the laminate & why?.....Donnie
    Master pin tumbler laminated padlocks had a pattern for the first 8 model numbers. Numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 were laminated steel. numbers 2, 4, 6, 8 were laminated brass for marine applications. The pattern was not folowed after that.
    BBE.

Thanks for that information BBE! I have almost every laminated steel version then
    Only a vintage No. 5 is missing.

Default Master Padlock Lion Logo

Thanks BBE for the 1 3 5 7 & 2 4 6 8 information..
    Were there only 4 brass size's made?
    I never liked Master Lock's, but having a few, I guess I should try to learn how they are sized........is 1 the smallest in the pin tumbler & 19 the largest? I have a 15, is there a 16 & 17 & 18?.......are they numbered according to size? The only one that I ever searched for was the 19 as I wanted the largest....the rest just came with lots that I bought to get something else that I wanted.........Donnie

Hey Donnie,

I love the vintage Master Locks, no idea why but they seem to be of better quality than the newer ones. Also more attention to detail on the padlock and the package. I love attention to detail.

Here is the probably smalles one the No.7, it is 30mm wide and 30mm high, 49mm with the shackle, the shackle diameter is 5mm:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock.JPG   002.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock.JPG   003.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock.JPG   010.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock - Package.JPG   011.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock - Package.JPG  

012.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock - Package.JPG   013.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock - Package.JPG   014.Vintage Master Secret Service No.7 Padlock - Package.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weber View Post
    Hey Donnie,

I love the vintage Master Locks, no idea why but they seem to be of better quality than the newer ones. Also more attention to detail on the padlock and the package. I love attention to detail.

Here is the probably smalles one the No.7, it is 30mm wide and 30mm high, 49mm with the shackle, the shackle diameter is 5mm:
    That #7 is the smallest pin tumbler laminated lock, however, there are warded laminated locks that are smaller, look at #9 and #10.
    BBE.

Here's a pic of my NIB NOS #9 cub. Is it the smallest or is the 10 smaller? Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails master #9 cub padlock 001.JPG   master #9 cub padlock 002.JPG   master #9 cub padlock 003.JPG  
    Mark A. Billesbach

Nice, have to get me one now

Thread Information