Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default : Junkunc Bros. American Lock H10 Padlock - Oldest/First Ball Bearing Padlock???

Adrian, are you going with the assumption that the die cast lock was in production before the Iron or Brass one's that we have been discussing ? For lack of a known model #, I will refer to these (Brass & Iron ) lock's as the model 10...You know what I mean, the series 10 or H 10 or whatever they were called back then....I have the same die cast lock that you are showing with the U.S. on the reverse side.........Have you been able to date this lock?
    ...........NICE FIND..............Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Adrian, are you going with the assumption that the die cast lock was in production before the Iron or Brass one's that we have been discussing ? For lack of a known model #, I will refer to these (Brass & Iron ) lock's as the model 10...You know what I mean, the series 10 or H 10 or whatever they were called back then....I have the same die cast lock that you are showing with the U.S. on the reverse side.........Have you been able to date this lock?
    ...........NICE FIND..............Donnie
    Just a guess, but probably WWII when other materials were in short supply.
    BBE.

Thread Information