Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Restoration of early Post Box - lock supply

I am trying to source a working lock & key for a restoration of an early Post Box, a small lamp style box dated 1910-1931 manufactured by A Handyside & Co. I am aware these locks an reproduced!

The Chubb reference is 693 measuring 1.5" wide x 3" deep and is a left turn fitting.

Any advice on supply of this type/model would be gratefully appreciated.

They do pop up on ebay from time to time & I have one or two somewhere, there is a post box lock on ebay at present, the seller id is ' tonylocks ' not sure if it's the one you need though.

You could always try Chubb High Security locks in wolverhampton but I am 99% sure that they will not sell them. Also the price would probably scare you to death !

Paul

Thank you - to confirm Chubb can reproduce this lock, it was they who provided the reference number, however, at £100, it does appear in excess for my needs, plus i would prefer an original.

I will look an ebay as you advise, however, if you wish to sell either of the locks you mention in your ownership, please let me know.

Thread Information