Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacQueen View Post
    How about a nice booby trap? Send it back something to ponder on. Infinitely.
    As use of forums becomes popular there is an interesting phenominon that happens when two different individuals post at exactly the same clock time. Posts get mixed up and end up in the wrong pla`ces many times with the wrong titles. Programs can't really multitask, that is the problem. Most likely Doug was replying to some other post as was someone else and when they both hit Submit Reply at the same time, that post was the result.
    BBE.

Yes, except that posting of mine was made maybe a couple weeks ago. Also notice Mr Bojangles has yet to respond further to make any corrections. Rather strange for the fact that it was also his/hers (it's) first time posting on the forum. No, something else is going on here. I know there are a few hard core computer geeks (Adrian) on the forum, possibly even a couple hacker freaks. Can something be done here? I mean this is a forum studying the history of security, right?

The forum system does have a good degree of anti-spam measures in place. Accidental posting by the system into the wrong thread is very unlikely, more likely either a human error, or a human spammer although there is nothing really spammy about the post.

I'd plunk for a mistake.

One of the mods can move the post.

Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
    The forum system does have a good degree of anti-spam measures in place. Accidental posting by the system into the wrong thread is very unlikely, more likely either a human error, or a human spammer although there is nothing really spammy about the post.

I'd plunk for a mistake.

One of the mods can move the post.
    I have to disagree, as someone who has been dealing with forum spam for many years I can see it a mile off.
    1. It makes no sense.
    2. it refers to pictures. There are none on the thread.
    3. It's a member from a country that I would need to google.
    4. It's a copy and paste of someone else's post from another thread.

Im prepared to be proven wrong, but I don't expect to be.
    :(

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Al View Post
    I have to disagree, as someone who has been dealing with forum spam for many years I can see it a mile off.
    1. It makes no sense.
    2. it refers to pictures. There are none on the thread.
    3. It's a member from a country that I would need to google.
    4. It's a copy and paste of someone else's post from another thread.

Im prepared to be proven wrong, but I don't expect to be.
    :(
    Having used Google, the poster purports to be from the small group of islands that are part of Finland, known as "Aaland".

On registration I see that the first country flag that comes up in the list is Aaland... Coincidence, no. I consider my case rested!

Be sure that Brian will be looking into this

Default New member from Canada

Hi Everyone. I am Alex And also a new member. I love old safes, furniture and cars. I am thinking of buying a Dominion safe with wheels on it. It looks really old. Thats what brought me to this wonderfull website. Cheers

Thread Information