Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Master No.19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gsus really? They sold so many of them? I didn't know that !
    Do you have any idea how much it did cost back in 2000? Would be interesting to know!

Thank you very much for the info on the key and the plug
    I would love to have a second one this way I could take one apart. I would never take this one apart though it is very special to me!

Mine looks more like being from the 80s. Is there any way on how to tell whether how old it could be? Most of the No.19 padlocks I have seen so far had a blue bumper and looked newer than the one that I have.

Thanks again!

Default Nice lock

happy they let you keep it this time . I was getting tired of sending it

Quote Originally Posted by dicey View Post
    Gsus really? They sold so many of them? I didn't know that !
    Do you have any idea how much it did cost back in 2000? Would be interesting to know!

Thank you very much for the info on the key and the plug
    I would love to have a second one this way I could take one apart. I would never take this one apart though it is very special to me!

Mine looks more like being from the 80s. Is there any way on how to tell whether how old it could be? Most of the No.19 padlocks I have seen so far had a blue bumper and looked newer than the one that I have.

Thanks again!
    I was always technical information and designing key systems and as such made a point of not knowing prices. I would guess $20-$25, but that is just a guess. There is unlikely to be any difference between the first one produced in 1976 and the last one produced in 2000 as the die wouldn't have worn enough to need to be replaced.
    BBE.

The hardware store still has a handful of M14/1092J blanks for those padlocks. I used one to fit a Brooks padlock.

I was also guessing that mine is from the 80s.

I did however not buy this one! It was a gift from a good friend that lives in Canada :)
    Very generous and nice guy!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    I was always technical information and designing key systems and as such made a point of not knowing prices. I would guess $20-$25, but that is just a guess. There is unlikely to be any difference between the first one produced in 1976 and the last one produced in 2000 as the die wouldn't have worn enough to need to be replaced.
    BBE.
    I purchased my first 19 new from local hardware store in upstate NY. They ordered it from a shipyard supply store...was told that it was out of production then. I think I paid about 60 to 70 $ and then keys were ordered.

Just bought a very very slightly used beauty from ebay for 65$ including ship
    with box. I feel like I won the lottery. Doing the Mambo #19 today

Thread Information