Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default J.M.V. & Co. padlock help

I'm trying to find out who made these padlocks and who JMV & Co is or was. I am ultimately trying to find if there is any patent history on it. Any info would be appreciated, Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JMV & Co Iron lock.JPG   NY. NH. &H. iron lever #240 front.JPG  

I'm leaning toward Star lock company due to the star on the swinging cover. However, I can't find anything on JMV&Co, possibly Star made it for a vendor or user with their initials on it, much like the railroad lock in your second picture. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

I could not find anything resembling this padlock in Don Stewart's Star Lock Works catalog reprint. I did find the full name for the initials found on the back side. NYNH & HRR stands for New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad.

Oops! I should not have said "back side." It's a separate padlock.

Thank you Mark and Scott! I do like the conjecture that they may be Star and will spend some time following that lead. I don't have Don's catalog reprint and appreciate the check into that. I'll spend some time focusing on Hillebrand and Wolf on the patent pages and see if that yields any results. It appears they took over the company in 1869 from Conrad Liebrich. I'll also try some searching on JMV & Co. more localized to the Philly area, may help. Scott, what year or years does the catalog reprint cover? Thanks again, Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails star card.jpg  

Unfortunately Don Stewart's Star Lock Works catalog reprint does not have a date. However, the title page says Louis V. Wolf, Sucessors to Hildebrand & Wolf. Based on this, I would estimate that the catalog probably dates some time after 1893.
    Good luck in your research to find out who and what J.M.V. & Co. was! Nobody seems to know.

Thank you very much Scott. I'll post further if I find anything.

Not sure if this going to help or not but I did find something may help as it could be RAILROAD COMMISSION OF TEXAS OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL OIL AND GAS SECTION as per pfd......Timothy..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information