Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Square body WB padlock

Is anyone familiar with these? I got one last week from someone locally.
    Here's mine:
    23E64470E4034BBCBD3BFD92D95FAF49 zpswnlc 1

I did find a couple pictures here, but otherwise I've never seen one before:
    http://www.antique-padlocks.com/wb_research_a-z.htm

Anyone?

Default Square body WB padlock

Jeff
    As there something funny about that padlock. The Logo on that padlock is differ as almost all of the Wilson Bohanann has a Logo stamp with a WB on there padlock. I have look into http://www.padlocks.com/history.html has not find match for your padlock. They have the pdf with the year of differ padlock that you can down load for your file. Who know maybe someone will find information on your padlock as give more time...Timothy...

I sent a note to WB on their website and here is what I got back:
    Hi Jeff!

We haven’t made that lock of several years. I’ve been here 25 years. We get a lot of request for keys for all the old locks and we don’t even have any of them either. I’ve collected WB padlocks since I was hired and I have been lucky and found keys to work some of my locks. Your lock is a pin tumbler like we make today but it is double bolt locking which is something we don’t do anymore. We have a double ball padlock.

Check out the old WB catalogs on our website and maybe you’ll more information when we manufactured that style of padlock.

Sorry, I didn’t have more information.

Enjoy!
    Steve Kirk
    Wilson Bohannan Co.

Thread Information