Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default EY Padlock, manufacturer?

I recently received pictures from a friend asking me if I know the manufacturer of his padlock. Sadly I do not and have never seen a padlock like this before. It is marked "EY" and has sidepins prior to the 6 regular pins.

Any help would be appreciated :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EY padlock close top.JPG   EY padlock Key.JPG   EY padlock key side.JPG   EY padlock pin side.JPG   EY padlock shackle side.JPG  

EY padlock top.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dicey View Post
    I recently received pictures from a friend asking me if I know the manufacturer of his padlock. Sadly I do not and have never seen a padlock like this before. It is marked "EY" and has sidepins prior to the 6 regular pins.

Any help would be appreciated :)
    I sort of remember seeing one of those a few years ago and IIRC it was from Tiawan, Anyway, you can see someone pick one on youtube, just search for 'ey padlock'.
    BBE.

Adrian, on the forums this is known as a "Head padlock" You might try searching for that.

Thanks Riy I already found the videos! A member here on the forum also contacted me with some information who to contact for more information.

Thread Information