Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Wanted to buy : Gougler door entrance lock assy in working condition

Hi team, I am looking TO BUY A GOUGLER working entrance door lock assy.....with the combination..............Also looking to buy Gougler round faceless clicker combination lock's...with or without the combination these are model's RD200 short shackle & long shackle is RD201....thank you for reading ...................PM me...........Donnie

Do you by chance have a picture of the door lock? It might help us keep and eye out. I didn't know they made one.

Default Gougler entrance door lock

Dean, I may have something saved if I can find it..........Donnie

These might help --

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	545.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	7890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gougler3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	364.9 KB 
ID:	7891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gougler4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	7892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-knob.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	7893

Thank you wylk, I appreciate it very much...I have some info on this saved somewhere, but couldn't find it last night.....Strange thing is, I had one of these in an old door that I had from a building that my friend tore down about 20 years ago...At that time I wasn't into Gougler locks & traded the door for a couple of padlocks that he had that I wanted..
    Also, I did not even know how they operated at that time........I'm sure that a lot of locksmith's have taken them out & replaced them with more modern lock's..
    Now to find one..................thanks again, Donnie

Yes thank you. I have been a locksmith for over 20 years and had never seen one.

Dean, I'm not sure if they were distributed nationally or not. I know that Ohio & Pa. locksmith's used quite a few.

wylk, where did you get your photo's from, if I may ask? A National Locksmith's journal, catalog , or other..................thank you, Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    wylk, where did you get your photo's from, if I may ask?
    I believe the first was from an eBay auction. The others were from the Gougler web site, which up until a few years ago discussed their former manufacturing of the locks. They were absorbed by Furukawa Rock Drill at which point Gougler essentially disappeared; at that point and for many years before, Gougler was largely in business supplying mining equipment.

Just to elaborate on the old Gougler web site, there is a nice research tool called the Internet Archive, http://archive.org which includes the following from 2003 --

http://web.archive.org/web/200302110...ocks/locks.htm

I find this door lock most interesting and magical too!

I imagine that lock on an old heavy wooden door, you and your friends standing in front of it at a rainy night. Your friends ask "Wait... your door has no lock? How do you open it then?" "Well... it is a magic door! *touches the door knob and does some magical turns* Tada!" "Magic indeed!"

I would love to have such a door lock

Thread Information