Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VaultDoors View Post
    I found three 5 more remote combination viewer vault ...
    Do you have location/address for these?

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    Do you have location/address for these?
    Yes, see updated Remote Combination Viewer Vault Inventory with maps and linked addresses. Please let me know of any additions or corrections, thx.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anyone recognize what is attached to the bottom of this remote combo viewer? It's located at the La Voûte Night Club in Montreal, QC. Notice the mirror above showing the top of the device.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture9.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	21663

The RCV Inventory has been updated (see attached), please let me know of any edits, thx!

I added 10 more Remote Combination Viewer vaults after sharing the inventory with the Safe and Vault Collectors group on Facebook. Although, most still need confirmation.

The 1923 building at One Federal Place was demolished and replaced around 1975 so the doors are most likely (but not absolutely certainly) gone. I don't know if this means removal from your list, or just the addition of a note to this effect.

Thank you ! I added a note until it can be confirmed but I did a little research and couldn't find any vault references so I agree, they are probably gone

Here are references for One Federal Place: https://www.emporis.com/buildings/21...-boston-ma-usa (the old building) and https://www.emporis.com/buildings/11...-boston-ma-usa (the new building). I do know of one location where an old vault was preserved inside a newer building, the New Yorker Hotel (not a remote viewer type).

At the Drury Plaza you comment on wear patterns in the carpet. To me, it looks like somebody spilled bleach in several places.

Emporis is a great resource, thank you! I updated a few location names and addresses and found dates when most of the buildings were built, see attached. I was surprised to learn the latest remote combination viewer was built in 1951. Prior to this, I thought the last one was built in 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultDoors View Post
    I was surprised to learn the latest remote combination viewer was built in 1951.
    Pinning down a particular year gets blurry. Emprois states the building (Bank of Novia Scotia building in Toronto, 44 King Street West) was constructed in 1949-1951, and the photo (with humorously posed people) is itself dated 1949. I'd go with 1949 but that's still fairly late, as you state.

There appears to be about 10 small, very faint circular impressions on the side of this large rectangular vault door. Does anyone know what they are?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	21682
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Thread Information