Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Internet Explorer compatability problem.

There is a known bug (which the software vendor has not fixed) where IE10 (Internet Explorer 10) conflicts with the post editor system here at antique-locks.com

If you are having problems posting here and use IE10 I would suggest that you try a different browser as there is nothing we can do to resolve this issue at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
    There is a known bug (which the software vendor has not fixed) where IE10 (Internet Explorer 10) conflicts with the post editor system here at antique-locks.com

If you are having problems posting here and use IE10 I would suggest that you try a different browser as there is nothing we can do to resolve this issue at this time.
    I highly recommend the freeware open-source Mozilla Firefox browser:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Pete Schifferli

I've noticed a problem with IE9 that it seems to lock up for a few minutes when working on a new post (usually during preview/submit), but it eventually breaks free. While locked up I might get a message "antique-locks has stopped responding," and other IE windows are sometimes affected; I do not have this problem with any other web site and Firefox seems OK. Is this the problem you are referring to? If so, it's not purely an IE10 issue.

Is this a vBulletin problem or Microsoft?

This might be an opportune moment to reaffirm that like many forum platforms software bugs do sometimes appear. The fight against spammers and hackers is never ending. The updates and patches generally causing little or no problems. Eventually these bugs get resolved and occasionally something else minor appears. To most users these tiny flaws are hardly noticed. We are grateful to those that bring these issues to our attention.

As regards the issue in question the short term resolution is to use an alternative browser, and as been stated Firefox is an excellent choice and will resolve that particular problem. Anybody that has problems with posting or any other issue do contact me via the link at the top of every page when I will do my best to assist.

On a broader note I am keen to learn about members experiences when using the board especially as we expand the features and facilities available to both visitors and members.

The latest version (as of today) of Firefox and Chrome work perfectly for me in here. Chrome has actually been a better browser for me overall, lately. It seems that more sites run smoother with it, while Firefox still does run into some issues here and there.

The biggest problem with internet explorer is internet explorer... They continue to refuse to follow the accepted conventions of programming that have otherwise been sensibly adopted by all others, which is a nightmare for developers.
    The sooner it becomes a niche browser the better. I can dream anyway...

Thread Information