Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gougler keyless padlock combination?

I have a Gougler keyless padlock, and I don't know the combination. Can anyone help me out? The number on the back of the lock is B250. Thanks, Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lock.jpg   lock2.jpg  

These particular models (the 200 and RD200 and I assume the 201) defy the known codes but sometimes only by a little. These usually have a dial stop if you turn it right. Turn until it stops, then dial the combination left-right-left-right.

The "50" part of B250 suggests the last three numbers are 2-6-5 but getting the first number is where things can fall down. I would suggest right to stop, then left 6, right 2, left 6, right 5. If that doesn't work try all possible number of clicks at the start, from 1 to 9. If none of that works you might be out of luck.

Just FYI here is an ad for this style of lock:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gougler2.jpg  

You were right: L-6, R-2, L-6, R-5. Thanks for the help!

Default gougler keyless padlock combination

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I have a Gougler keyless padlock, and I don't know the combination. Can anyone help me out? The number on the back of the lock is B250. Thanks, Ben

I'm a bit confused now, as I tried before to get combinations for 2 of these locks...
    I have several, but am now not sure of which # to submit???
    there are 2 sets of numbers on the back, one set on top & the other is on the bottom..
    Which ones do I submit to you for a "code"
    The last time we tried, I sent the bottom numbers in & we got nowhere on the 2 locks that I'm referring to..........I'm asking Ben which # he used to get results...thanks, Donnie

My lock only had one number on the back, but it was located at the bottom

Default gougler keyless padlock

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    My lock only had one number on the back, but it was located at the bottom

Were the numbers really small ? like smaller than this type font? Or larger like Newspaper type size?? Most of my locks have 2 sets of #'s larger one's at the top & really small ones at the bottom.....THEN THERE ARE 2 THAT HAVE #"s ON THE SHACKLE....
    Like 11629 & the other is 21454.... these are round faced locks with 18 stops. not the longer ones with a key access hole in the bottom......Donnie

Default Desperate for code to miller keyless lock

Just wandering if someone might could help me (in any way) with the code to my lock. It is a Miller keyless lock Kent Ohio. It has the number 5503 on the front of the shackle. It has a left stop. I would love any information on the code to this. I have been going through all possible combos, hoping to get lucky. I've been through all 3 digit and 4 digit. I have gone about 3/4 of the way through 5 digit combos. My fingers have blisters on them, and I'm sore all the way up to my shoulders. Not joking! Something I don't understand: I seen on some website where a combo to a left stop lock was R4 L8 for the first 2 turns. How could you go back 8 if you only went forward 4? I can only go back as many clicks as I go forward, up to 10. When I go 11 clicks, then I can only go back 4. It's like it trips. Another question, could the number of clicks be higher than 9? Any help PLESE!

Default gougler keyless lock

Hi, is your lock body round with 18 clicks & a small number on the bottom rear of the case?
    I am unsure of what lock you are working on... can you provide a photo front & rear?
    Donnie

Wylk with all do respects.

Junker is not only ignoring my post he is also not interested in any way in the history of his padlock. He just wants to know how to get the combination. And he is also quite new so I am just a bit curious.

You should agree with me that this here is a history and not a manipulation forum.

Dicey, I get where you are coming from, but in my opinion, it is impossible to thoroughly study the history of locks without some discussion of picking, manipulation etc. The majority of design changes that have occurred in the industry over the years, are a direct result of attacks, whether they be criminal or by competitors. If the post was about picking the Bramah lock, there is a very famous, well known bit of history dedicated to that very subject. How deep we go into these topics, no doubt will be regulated by the moderators. But to just ignore the subject, in my mind, is to miss the real story of these "pretty lumps". Doug

Thread Information