Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is just my impression, but the Gougler/Miller locks made for institutions (such as Westinghouse or school lockers) used "private" codes which were supplied to the customer, rather than the "public" codes used on locks sold in stores. As such, it's unlikely that the combination might be discovered via a codebook such as Reed's.

Could you post some pictures of the control key you have? Those are fairly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    This is just my impression, but the Gougler/Miller locks made for institutions (such as Westinghouse or school lockers) used "private" codes which were supplied to the customer, rather than the "public" codes used on locks sold in stores. As such, it's unlikely that the combination might be discovered via a codebook such as Reed's.

Could you post some pictures of the control key you have? Those are fairly rare.
    Thank you for posting , Wylk!

A very well known poster here helped me out IMMENSELY with my original query, the poster solved one of the combos (the Miller, surprisingly). The Gougler is a work in progress... I'm pretty sure we have the proper numbers, as I've had it open 2 times but was not concentrating well enough to catch what I did!!! LOL I love these locks! I've now collected enough of them to where I can honestly say that I have a, "Gaggle of Gouglers". ... I'll stop there, but there are more!

I remember reading a report-card of mine from early grade school... "David works and plays very well with others, he demonstrates strong leadership abilities, but (...like in his schoolwork), does not apply him self."

So sure! I love to share my toys!

Some of the photos are blurry, but you will get the idea.

First the key, then the process, showing that the shackle is not spring loaded and the lock is not key retaining. When you close the lock with the key in it, the key snaps back to the starting position.

Any questions or need of better photos, I'll be happy to help!
    Have a great weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1699.JPG   IMG_1700.JPG   IMG_1701.JPG   IMG_1702.JPG   IMG_1703.JPG  

IMG_1704.JPG   IMG_1705.JPG   IMG_1706.JPG   IMG_1707.JPG  

Default Gougler Keyless Code...??....Photo now attached..!!

Hello All....

This is my first post....

I have a Gougler keyless lock from around 1970...I used it with a chain for my bicycle lock.....see pic...it's still attached to the chain!!

Although I can remember my Dudley combination from high school....10 yrs. earlier....I have forgotten the Gougler combination.

Mine has a number only on the hinge side of the shackle..... F7226.

No numbers on the back of the lock itself except the Patent #s 1,825,467 & 1,929,598

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not that the lock is valuable of course, just that I would like to use it on my current bike...for nostalgic sake.

Thanks!

Peter Mikichak
    Eden Mills, On
    Canada

pmikwh@gmail.com

2Q
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gougler lock.jpg  

Peter, PM sent. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default I'm finally back with pics!

Hello all,
    junker here & I'm finally back. First I'd like to apologize. I know it was back in 2013 I reached out on this forum for help with my Miller Keyless lock. If you go back and read this thread from the beginning to refresh your memory, you will remember it was a roller coaster ride for myself getting this lock open. But not only did I get it open, I took it apart & completely learned how it worked mechanically. I promised some pics of the inside & a video of me disassembling it. Well I guess it's better really really LATE, than never. I am attempting to post them now. Thanks again to all! Ask any questions or for particular pics if you wish.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_bl...p=docslist_api

The images appear to be on a site (Google) that requires a login to access them. Could you upload to this forum as well?

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    The images appear to be on a site (Google) that requires a login to access them. Could you upload to this forum as well?
    I do apologize. I always seem to have problems uploading pictures. I am using an iPhone, as I do not have a desktop. This is partly the reason it has almost been 2 years since I was originally suppose to post these pictures. I will try my best!

Quote Originally Posted by Junker View Post
    Nope, I get a signon/signup screen "Sign in to continue to Google Drive".

I'll try and upload these pics for you, lets see if it works. Mark
    P.S. I couldn't get the video to upload,sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo 2015-03-03 12_31_37 PM.jpg   Photo 2015-03-03 12_18_34 PM.jpg   Photo 2015-03-03 12_31_57 PM.jpg   Photo 2015-03-03 12_32_41 PM.jpg   Photo 2015-03-03 12_33_19 PM.jpg  

Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information