Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Well Doug I am not ignoring what you have just said I am also a little into manipulation but I am careful and do make posts on manipulation in other forums or even in closed sections of other forums. We have to be careful what we put out there and what not. And since our new member was not interested in a backround story or history at all I just got a little curious.

I think it is a shame that you guys stab me in the back here. I will withdrawl now and leave you to your discussion but do not expect me to back you up anytime soon.

Farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey View Post
    Wylk with all do respects.

Junker is not only ignoring my post he is also not interested in any way in the history of his padlock. He just wants to know how to get the combination. And he is also quite new so I am just a bit curious.

You should agree with me that this here is a history and not a manipulation forum.
    I don't know who you are, or who you think I am? So now I'm being punished for being new?? I think you are just trying to attack me and can't get anyone else to join in!! Feeling lonely now?? Does this lock favor the one on your front door or something?? If you bothered to look, I started a new thread about a week ago asking for ANY info on this lock! That would include its HISTORY!!! So don't be telling people what I want to know and don't want to know. How could how this lock operates NOT be a part of its HISTORY. Find someone else to bother!!!!!

You are the one being rude now mate and I ALWAYS said "no offense".

You could also have explained that in a more polite way then this. We are all grown up here and I think your mobbing attempts will get you no where.

I am used to being alone so don't you bother lad ;)

I must have missed that other topic of yours then or not read it careful enough. Things like that can happen.

If your lock is indeed like the one you found images for, congratulations, it's a very early model. It looks a lot like US patent 863,868:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	863868.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	6911

That patent was filed December 7, 1904, and granted August 20, 1907. So the lock could be said to be from the early 1900s. The "NO NINE" on the back is interesting because I hadn't run across that particular model number before. The company started in 1888 making door locks; this is their first patent for a padlock.

Looking forward to pictures of your lock.

I apologize to everyone else for having read all this. I am not a criminal. I am a collector of anything old that interest me. Hence the name Junker. I found this lock very interesting. I have researched it, but not been able to find a lot on this exact lock. I would love to be able to open it, as well as learn anything at all about it. Everyone prefers to have the key to a lock, and this keyless lock is no different! Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    If your lock is indeed like the one you found images for, congratulations, it's a very early model. It looks a lot like US patent 863,868:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	863868.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	6911

That patent was filed December 7, 1904, and granted August 20, 1907. So the lock could be said to be from the early 1900s. The "NO NINE" on the back is interesting because I hadn't run across that particular model number before. The company started in 1888 making door locks; this is their first patent for a padlock.

Looking forward to pictures of your lock.
    Yes, my lock is identical. There actually is a patent date on it of March 18, 1902. It is located in the center of the dial knob. The one in the picture I'm guessing is worn off, as mine is partially.

Dicey, I did not mean to be a part of mob attack on you, just put forth my opinion. At the risk of being banned from this forum as I was from the Public Clearstar forum, I try to speak mind. I have noticed that you have been quite involved on this forum recently, and believe me this forum needs all the help it can get. So don't go away . There aren't that many who actually invest there time to begin with. Doug

The odd thing about that patent date (March 18, 1902) is that the only patent I have found on that date that is remotely relevant is the Miller patent 695,472. But it's for a Miller escutcheon plate rather than a padlock. I guess they felt they could stamp on any old patent's date since it was generally difficult at the time to look up a patent.

Yes, I had read that in some notes posted in another thread. I believe the notes were actually posted by you as well!

Thread Information