Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    Hi, is your lock body round with 18 clicks & a small number on the bottom rear of the case?
    I am unsure of what lock you are working on... can you provide a photo front & rear?
    Donnie
    Donnie, I appreciate your interest in helping. I have pasted 3 pics below. I hope this helps. Please just ask if you need anything else.

Thanks again

imagejpeg imagejpeg imagejpeg

http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...nto-your-posts

Junker have a look at this and that should help with posting pictures.

Sorry guys. I apologize. I am using an iPhone. I guess I will have to wait until I'm on a PC.

Junker, you should not just ignore my post.

Again, we are talking about HISTORY here!
    If you do do not want to talk about history you are obviously in the wrong place.

I would recommend posting your manipulation questions in some other forum. A forum where people deal more frequently with such questions.

Adrian

Again no offense mate :)

I am merely trying to lead you in the right direction.

Personally, I don't see any problem with somebody who has an old/historic lock like the Miller/Gougler/Miller locks trying to find a way to make it operable. This sort of question does not come up frequently and we have adequate guidelines in place to avoid helping somebody open a lock in use by somebody else. The combination is part of the lock's history, and if I own it, why should I be denied a chance of making it a working bit of history instead of just a pretty lump?

Ok guys. Maybe these links will work for the pics. I found these online, since I don't know when I will be able to post some from a PC.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	6909 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	599.9 KB 
ID:	6910

Dicey, I get where you are coming from, but in my opinion, it is impossible to thoroughly study the history of locks without some discussion of picking, manipulation etc. The majority of design changes that have occurred in the industry over the years, are a direct result of attacks, whether they be criminal or by competitors. If the post was about picking the Bramah lock, there is a very famous, well known bit of history dedicated to that very subject. How deep we go into these topics, no doubt will be regulated by the moderators. But to just ignore the subject, in my mind, is to miss the real story of these "pretty lumps". Doug

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    Personally, I don't see any problem with somebody who has an old/historic lock like the Miller/Gougler/Miller locks trying to find a way to make it operable. This sort of question does not come up frequently and we have adequate guidelines in place to avoid helping somebody open a lock in use by somebody else. The combination is part of the lock's history, and if I own it, why should I be denied a chance of making it a working bit of history instead of just a pretty lump?
    I couldn't agree more. Thanks for your defense. This is my lock, and I think how it operates is one of the most important parts of the history. Thanks again. You said it best!!

Wylk with all do respects.

Junker is not only ignoring my post he is also not interested in any way in the history of his padlock. He just wants to know how to get the combination. And he is also quite new so I am just a bit curious.

You should agree with me that this here is a history and not a manipulation forum.

Thread Information