Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Default Hello there!

Hi everyone!

Greetings from semi-sunny Florida!

I found this site while looking for information on a Gougler keyless combination padlock. Nice site y'all have here, I can see that this will be an invaluable resource for me and my collection.

A little background on me. I look forward to learning from y'all here and maybe being able to help with information in some cases as well.

-Elbow

Welcome to our world, from a very cold England. Thanks for your kind comments. Apologies for the small edit, we do try to stay very much on topic though, discussing antique/historical issues. Hope you find our resources useful and look forward to your comments and observations. Just ask…

Hi Brian,

No sweat on the edit. I very much enjoy antique locks in addition to more recent ones as well, but it's the oldies that really get my favor the most as they are more than just functional, many are works of art.

Jeez, everybody is following me over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyame View Post
    Jeez, everybody is following me over here.
    Hey you signed up in April last year... this far after is hardly following. Anyway, you knew I was going to sign up here as we talked about it the other night... :P

Well Eric I am here for a bit longer than you are so the people probably followed me here :P

LOL Dicey, I've been lurking over here for a very long time too... just finally got around to registering... I know, bad me... heh... So I followed both y'all in the door after window shopping for far too long ;)

And here we are shopping in the same store I am glad you are here mate ;)

Welcome aboard..... and where did everyone "Follow" from?

Hi Halflock,

There was following from over at Keypicking (I didn't put the site as a link since Brian edited the link out of my initial introduction post, and I want to respect that. It is easy enough to find if you want to anyway.)

I am one of the owners of that site and have been meaning to sign up over here ever since oldlock came over a while back and turned me/some of us onto this site. I've been lurking and using this site to find infomation on older locks that I've added to my collection for quite a long while now and finally got around to registering the other day. I do have to say that this site is nice and has loads of helpful information. And given my penchant for older locks, it is quite the treasure trove! One of the other responders to my OP (riyame) is actually one of our moderators too. I'm not sure if any others from our team is over here, although I wouldn't be surprised given the common interest.

-Elbow (Joe)

Thread Information